Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updating 68 CC Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating 68 CC Trailer
    Posted: March-08-2008 at 2:26pm
I have the classic flat board with carpet as my bow stop currently and would like to update to the upside down U shape with boards on both sides if possible. They went to them in I think the mid 70's on Nautiques and so forth? Any help on where I can find any good parts like this is appreciated.
1968 Mustang 318 CM
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 8:08pm
Joel, Take a look at this thread, we're going to take a shot at building one and see what the cost would be as atleast 2 guys need one. I'm going to need to make a sketch and then have someone with a stop insert some measurements. Bow stops
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 9:12pm
Here's a pic of my home made bump stop.
Tim D
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 2:10pm
I cant really tell from the pictures, but in both Tim's and Alan's pics, it looks like the stops are attached to the pipes using standard pipe straps. Is that true? I have the piping, just no boards. A previous owner smacked the boat into the pipes and cracked my fiberglass. I don't want it to get any worse and was thinking of attaching some boards.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 2:36pm
Yes, just pipe strapping. Nothing fancy.   My 98 trailer still had the same setup. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 4:35pm
I call pipe strapping the stuff on a roll with a lot of holes and it's flexible. What is on mine is what holds conduit in place.
Tim D
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 4:46pm
Thanks Tim, your set-up is identical to mine so that gives a good pictorial of what to do.
1968 Mustang 318 CM
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I call pipe strapping the stuff on a roll with a lot of holes and it's flexible. What is on mine is what holds conduit in place.

Point taken.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 8:27pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 8:44pm
Yeah, those thingys, conduit brackets.
Tim D
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 1:38am
Here's a couple of pic's of the bow stop off my '68 #2 trailer

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 11:42am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm going to need to make a sketch and then have someone with a stop insert some measurements.

Alan, after we put the '88 on the lift, I can bring the bow stop and 2001 SN guide down to make patterns for. If anyone could send a BFN trailer guide, that would be great.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm going to need to make a sketch and then have someone with a stop insert some measurements.

Alan, after we put the '88 on the lift, I can bring the bow stop and 2001 SN guide down to make patterns for. If anyone could send a BFN trailer guide, that would be great.

Kevin, That would be awesome, I don't think you need to pull the bow stop though, just a sketch or photo with dimensions would be fine. Having a set of the guides would help though as I'm still guessing on the bends for those.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic