Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

driver seat base

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
timsdayoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timsdayoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: driver seat base
    Posted: March-10-2008 at 2:38am
I have a 87 SN 2001. Does anyone know where I can find the black plastic/fiberglass base for the drivers seat? The actual seat has been rehabbed but the old base is no longer usable. Can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks for any help.
Tim, born skiing in MN, now skis Vegas
93SNautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 12:48pm
I second that request. My bro-in-law has an 85 SN 2001 that he is trying to sell but it needs the base also. So if anyone knows where to get one, thats two guys that need help!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 1:31pm
Here's what "Bremson" did to his base:

seat base repair thread

He starts his pictures and explaination about 1/2 way down the first page.

Note, hazmat PPE optional!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timsdayoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:04am
That's a great thread for the base but my problem is a little different. I had to break the four bolts that attach the seat to the base because they were so coroded/rusted they were locked up. The base is in great condition but I don't think I can fix those bolts. Again, any suggestions are appreciated.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:39am
Did you try the guys at Southeast Correct Craft in Orlando ?
Call Woody, he should be able to help
SUNAPEE CROW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUNAPEE CROW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:51pm
I am curious.When I bought my '80 Nautique it was seven years old. My driver's seat (the sliding rails)are mounted to an unusual aluminum box fabrication that is covered with the interior carpet. It is constructed in a way that no production part would ever be made. Would the original part have looked like what is being discussed here?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timsdayoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:24pm
I'll try Woody. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic