Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Other boats we all own, non CC

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
greatrumpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greatrumpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other boats we all own, non CC
    Posted: March-11-2008 at 5:05pm

Heres pics of the 1960 lonestar 14' Malibu my dad and I co-own, its wearing a 1957 evinrude 35

[

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/gtrumpet/Malibu.jpg

Here are some pics of my dads 1960 Lonestar 15' Flamingo which is wearing a 1971 merc 800 80 hp. The boat has been in the family since new, it orgianlly wore a 57 or 58 evinrude 35, the merc was bough new in 71 by my dad

Heres the craziest boat iv'e ever owned, a 1971 Cobra 14' with a 82 merc 115, im told it did more than 60, possibly over 70, I was to busy holding on to the steering wheel, right here its pictured without the liftplate that gave it 8 inches setback and 4 inches of lift on the motors, obviously i sold it

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 5:53pm
Currently have:
1980 Ski Nautique
1993 SeaRay CC 24' with twin 200s
1963 Columbia Sailboat 22'
1979 CSY 44' in the BVI (partnership)

I am boat poor... and to think that my wife does not even like the water.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greatrumpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 6:24pm
hers apic that i forgot of the malibu

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 6:37pm
William (Bill?)

Nice collection of old boats. I had something like your Cobra at one time, an 81 Baja. Not quite as low slung, but still a pretty sprightly ride.

Here is an old thread you might enjoy, I dont think you were around when it was up.

our first boats

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greatrumpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 6:44pm
Cobra became Baja, mine was actually built on a checkmate hull mold, the bottom is identicall to a checkmate mx 14
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 7:15pm
Don't have a picture of my Baja, but here is an identical one. I knew the Baja used checkmate molds but not the Cobra connection. Fun little boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greatrumpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 7:20pm
Heres my first boat a 74 checkmate mx-16 i originally had the the 115 on it, the floor went soft, and i didn't want to put the money into it

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 8:13pm
Don't know what this was, think it's a piranha... It had a 50HP merc on it.
My first little boat. Had lots of fun on it (also in the little tow vehicle!! )

Kristof

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:45am
My 62 Higgins...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:34am
Wow it is great to see this thread reappear. Thanks Larry for the link. Just spent about 45 minutes going back thru them all.

Had to laugh at my struggles getting some pictures on.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 4:53am
Here is my latest distraction:

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:04am
Steve, Is that a before or after picture of your Higgins? It's too far away to tell and you haven't mentioned it lately.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:28am
That Higgins is a nice looking boat.

Here's a 1961 Custom Craft Manta Ray that I bought last July. People seem to either love it or hate it. I sold it the weekend I bought my Mustang. I have sellers remorse, but I know I never would have gotten around to restoring it.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 11:46am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Steve, Is that a before or after picture of your Higgins? It's too far away to tell and you haven't mentioned it lately.

Paul,
Unfortunately , thats the before pics.. she's still upside down on the horses waiting for a few more coats of varnish...

Life hasnt been co-operating with my spare time this year.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Unfortunately , thats the before pics.. she's still upside down on the horses waiting for a few more coats of varnish...

Steve, It still looks good!! You need to hand Pam one of those $35 Badger hair brushes so she can learn the varnishing technique!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:35pm
Riley I had that things brother, a custom craft with the same deck and fins but came down to a single hull point. Eventually gave her away because she was so far down the project list and taking up storage. The manta ray I dont think I would have been able to part with, just too crazy a hull design
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 1:37pm
Oh yeah my red/gold 76 tahiti is also the spitting image of that 75 tique's baja, especially now that I have the merc back on it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Riley I had that things brother, a custom craft with the same deck and fins but came down to a single hull point. Eventually gave her away because she was so far down the project list and taking up storage. The manta ray I dont think I would have been able to part with, just too crazy a hull design

The Manta Ray is a cool looking boat and high performance in its day. They went about 50 mph. I only let it go to make the deal I got on the Mustang all the better for my wife.

I wish I still had it. really didn't care if I fixed it up. It was a great conversation poece as is.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 5:36pm
92 mastercraft prosport 205(dads)
85 hydrasport 17 foot 70hors johnson.(lil bros)
89 gruman 20 foot party barge 88 horse johnson.(family)

My aunt just baught a 06 sea ray 20 foot(nice crusier)

My other uncle has a teal 88 ski supreme.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 8:59pm
Our 'other' boat is a '77 Sea Star 15 foot trihull with 80 hp Merc.

Currently for sale if someone here wants a big downgrade.

Not a bad boat - we all learned to wakeboard behind it - hopefully there is a market for such a craft.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 9:30pm
Hey Mike: Nice to see you on...haven't seen you around for awhile.

Did you get to fixing up the new trailer yet?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 4:36pm
We've got a several neat Non-CC's.
88 Shamrock 17 center console 4-cyl inboard that we use quite often.
61 Lyman 21' 109 Graymarine flat head (was days away from swapping in a BB Chrysler, but the Pete in me said no). Just can't seem to get this wooden project finished.
67 Donzi 18' 347 Ford stroker. Own this 50/50 with a buddy.
66 Bertram 20' 4.3 MerC I/O.(orig I-6). Just picked up this old classic girl for a song. Needs 'glass and engine work.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 5:09pm
Is the Bertram the boat at the dock in your water level pictures?

john

BTW: No cover yet...did you talk to him?

"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 8:48pm
I've owned this red 14' Lund with a Johnson 9.9 for 20 years. We have taught more kids to ski with this than with all the inboards we've owned over the years combined.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Is the Bertram the boat at the dock in your water level pictures?

john

BTW: No cover yet...did you talk to him?

John,
Yep, that's the mini Bertram. We got her fired up today and dropped in the water, but as mentioned by the selling dealer, it did only run off about 4 of 6 cyl's and 2400rpm max., not nearly enough to plane.

I called about the '70, got voice mail, dropped ball on cover last week, but it's boxed up and labeled. See it Tues. Thanks.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 11:15pm
Jerry'll have her running sweet soon.

Soon as I get the cover it'll be on the boat. It is just driving me crazy. Sorry.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 3:35pm
Good idea not to put a BB Chrysler in that Lyman Reid. You'd have boards flying off it like an old Jersey skiff.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 5:01pm
-Adam

1973 Skier
mjk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 10:07pm

1965 Century "baby" Resorter
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2008 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Now, THAT's an AWESOME boat!! A real classic!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic