NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freeport/Southwind parts for sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freeport/Southwind parts for sale
    Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:23pm
I have a few parts specific to the Freeport/Soutwind available off of my '68 Freeport (18') parts donor. Per my diary I am mainly interested in selling the windshield and front hand rail. The glass is not in the greatest shape- there are some chips in the corners. The frame seems to be fine. The rail is in very nice shape. I plan to hold onto the remaining parts.

If there is any interest, please email me ASAP. I do not want to store these parts for long, and the hull is going to the landfill this week! My email is: TRBenj@gmail.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:36pm
Will the bow rail fit a 1988 Ski Nautique with a 351 Ford?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Will the bow rail fit a 1988 Ski Nautique with a 351 Ford?

Absolutely- and I think it would be a great addition to your rig! I accept paypal.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 2:54pm
No, you send me your bank account information. I send you twice the price, then you refund me half back.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

No, you send me your bank account information. I send you twice the price, then you refund me half back.

Lets speed this up- banks take too long. Just mail me the cash and Ill send you back a check for half. Sound fair?

Seriously, if anyone wants these parts, you better speak up quick. Theres a good chance they'll be in the landfill by the weekend.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 6:02pm
Tim, don't put that boat in the land fill. That's like killing it. It's a Correct Craft. Better to have it hanging around the house because there is always the chance that someone, someday will restore it. Strip it, wash it and put it up on blocks in the corner of the yard.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 6:10pm
Bruce, I hear you- but this one has to go. I dont have a yard and my parents already have a backyard full of Correct Crafts. If you want it, its yours- come and get it! Otherwise, it goes to the landfill this week.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Strip it, wash it and put it up on blocks in the corner of the yard.

A nice lawn ornament like that sure would help lower your property taxes Bruce...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

my parents already have a backyard full of Correct Crafts.

Tim did you know that if your boat falls of it's blocks and kills more than three dogs you just might be a redneck.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Strip it, wash it and put it up on blocks in the corner of the yard.

A nice lawn ornament like that sure would help lower your property taxes Bruce...

Not if the assessor is a CCF.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 7:23pm
plug up the holes and keep it out on the lake to store kick skis and empty beer cans
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 7:45pm
Bruce, sounds like youve got room for it. If you really want to save it, Ill give you the hull- including the windshield, handrail and rubrail for FREE if you can pick up and drop off the trailer before next weekend (3/22).

If thats something you would consider, let me know ASAP and I wont use a sawzall to remove the lifting rings.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 7:55pm
flip the hull and use it a pickup truck topper, or roof for a swim up bar
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 7:57pm
Heck Tim- If the back yard is full, move it to the front & make a planter out of it! It is big enough you could even plant a tree in it & call it a Tree Nautique!
Greg

86 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 8:00pm
Great tips guys, Ill give them some serious consideration...

...Yup, its still going to the dump! Bruce, if you decide to take it within the next hour, call Brad and tell him. Otherwise, Im cutting into it!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 8:09pm
Tim, That was never my favorite model or color, but how can you take a sawzall to it?

I've emailed a buddy. I'm giving it serious thought.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:24am
New England Choppers

Don't worry, no Correct Craft was injured in the taking of this photo.
-Brad
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:43am

Tim, That was never my favorite model or color, but how can you take a sawzall to it?

I've emailed a buddy. I'm giving it serious thought.

Sorry Bruce, but as you can see, its too late. The sawzall made it much easier to remove the throttle, steering assembly, rudder port, etc.

I guess it is a bit of a shame, but I didnt have a lot of options. Ive got no time to shop the hull around, and no place to store it. If it makes you feel better, the spirit of the boat will live on- the trailer will go under Brad's Mustang, a few misc bits of hardware will go on Nick's Skier (emblems, step pads, etc) and the running gear will end up on a boat that Larry plans to build someday.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:48am
Tim, did any left over gas make it into my Jeep? hahaha
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:00am

Actually, yes! There were probably about 5 gallons left in the tank.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:05am
Awe man, how can you guys live with yourselves? What a disturbing picture of Tim with that sawzall. That is sacrelige.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Actually, yes! There were probably about 5 gallons left in the tank.

YESSSSSS! Score! I'll run anything in that Jeep, even old mixed up Jet Ski gas

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:17am

What a disturbing picture of Tim with that sawzall. That is sacrelige.

For the record, Tim is the bearded one sporting the terminator glasses (after sunset).

The identity of the other NE Chopper will remain a secret for purpose of maintaining his reputation as a CC rescue-er. Let's just call him N**k...oh wait, that's too specific..how about Mr. N- yeah, that's better.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 2:07am
I think you missed out on a cool koi pond!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:10am
The guy with the sawzall is N**k? Someone ought to photoshop that picture and put one of those black strips over his eyes.

At least the boat wasn't a SN, Mustang or Barracuda.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:53pm
Tim, first, I'm surprised you don't have the 18v DeWalt reciprocating saw. Second, I think it shows a certain level of maturity that although you love the boats so much, you still have the steadfast integrity to make the "big decisions" when they need to be made. Like a military commander sending his soldiers off to a mission that would mean certain death. You're all "growed up" now.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 1:54pm

What a disturbing picture of Tim with that sawzall.

Bruce, Im insulted. Im much better looking than the clown holding the sawzall.

Joel, we were borrowing Brad's tools- and I was very thankful for the corded dewalt! The keel was over 1" thick (we had to cut out the rudder port), so that thing would have chewed through batteries pretty quick.

It probably helps that this was a Freeport- not my favorite CC. Love the olive green, but thats about it. If it were a Mustang, I probably would have tried to save it!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 2:07pm
That's Brad with the sawzall and Ken with the drill.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 3:15am
hey tim ,sorry to see it was cut up,i was the second highest bidder in the auction,was going to use the parts for my 1970 project,i have a swinger ,same as freeport but with a six cyl engine,send me any photos of floor if you have any,thanks dan in ohio.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic