NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

website

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: website
    Posted: March-17-2008 at 2:43pm
man, this is a great website and one of my favorites, but you need to get this site ported to a unix/linux server. it's dog and i have been getting a lot of mssql errors when searching the forums.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 3:13pm
I've been getting a lot of emails bouncing back.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

man, this is a great website and one of my favorites, but you need to get this site ported to a unix/linux server. it's dog and i have been getting a lot of mssql errors when searching the forums.

Please explain how changing the platform alters the speed of the site. Just curious.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 7:02pm
yeah, i think Keith is working on the email issue as I brought that to his attention a week ago. i host an email server and it doesn't accept emails from correctcraftfan.com because the dns records are not configured correctly and a properly configured email server *SHOULD* be rejecting emails from correctcraftfan.com as a spam precaution. obviously, the emails coming from this site are not spam, but servers think it might be because of the mis-configuration.

M3Fan,

UNIX operating systems are much more efficient, cheaper, stable, secure, and i could really go on and on...

if Keith, ever had the desire to do this all he would have to do is ask me.

this is what i get in my mail server logs when i try and get an email from the forums to my email address::

postfix/smtpd[766]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[64.187.104.141]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, [64.187.104.141];from<webmaster@CorrectCraftFan.com> to=<my@emailaddress.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<CorrectCraftFan.com>

see, when you do a nslookup on 64.187.104.141 it should come back with correctcraftfan.com but instead it doesn't come back. the ip probably needs a PTR record added in DNS.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 8:16pm

yeah, i think Keith is working on the email issue as I brought that to his attention a week ago. i host an email server and it doesn't accept emails from correctcraftfan.com because the dns records are not configured correctly and a properly configured email server *SHOULD* be rejecting emails from correctcraftfan.com as a spam precaution. obviously, the emails coming from this site are not spam, but servers think it might be because of the mis-configuration.

M3Fan,

UNIX operating systems are much more efficient, cheaper, stable, secure, and i could really go on and on...

if Keith, ever had the desire to do this all he would have to do is ask me.

this is what i get in my mail server logs when i try and get an email from the forums to my email address::

postfix/smtpd[766]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[64.187.104.141]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, [64.187.104.141];from<webmaster@CorrectCraftFan.com> to=<my@emailaddress.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<CorrectCraftFan.com>

see, when you do a nslookup on 64.187.104.141 it should come back with correctcraftfan.com but instead it doesn't come back. the ip probably needs a PTR record added in DNS.

Keith is aware of the missing PTR record.

Please go on and on about how just changing the OS will, alone, optimize the site and database relationships and indexing, as well as queries and caching, connection speed, shared server resources, optimize the code and HTTP response/request payloads. Sounds like a really magical operating system.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2008 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Please explain how changing the platform alters the speed of the site. Just curious.

I knew I smelled a setup!
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 1:16am
shared server resources? don't you think this site gets enough traffic that it should be on a dedicated box? that's a problem right there.

obviously your database needs to be optimized correctly, but unix and mysql are faster and more stable than windows period and they use much less RAM. there are not many IT professionals that would disagree with that statement. and if they do they never stepped outside of the windows OS.

i still LOVE this site and everything Keith has done.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 2:01am

obviously your database needs to be optimized correctly, but unix and mysql are faster and more stable than windows period and they use much less RAM.

I'm not going to argue one technology over another. What I will jump on is a broad generalization that changing the platform will speed up a site. That's just a blind, silly shotgun statement and is not realistic input. Yeah, Keith will just "port it over to unix". He'll just press the big button on the server that says "PORT TO UNIX" and it'll be awesome. Arguing about one platform over another is a waste of time and a crutch when talking about programming.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 2:09am
your right, it is a shotgun statement, and did i say it was simple and that there was a "port to unix" button?

i'll get back to my shellcoding now....
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 11:31am

"port to unix" ?

Have you considered "Starboard to Unix" ?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2008 at 12:22pm
A port of unuchs??? Must be where the MCs hang out...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 1:27am
pass the handle of Beam HW and grab me a couple of cokes.

totally lost on this one.

only thing I understand (kinda) is I don't get any e-mail thru the site anymore either.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:03pm
Hey Guys,
I really appreciate the discussion around making the site better. I wear a lot of hats (master of none) so I welcome any advise on increasing site performance.

I finally got the PTR record squared away so there shouldn't be any more blocking of emails from the site now.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:10pm
yep, i've been getting all my emails again. good job on that!

-phil
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:30pm
Phil,
Are you still getting the MSSQL errors?

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:57pm
yes, but they are somewhat rare. i was searching around the site last night and got a few of them. i can't remember what the exact error was but i think it's a timeout error.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 3:02pm
Okay, I've gotten those as well. With over 102,000 posts, a search will sometimes time out. I will look into a solution for that.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 1:08am
yeah, i've been having a real hard time searching lately, every other search times out and the search really chokes if you use more than one word.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 2:50am
phospher,
The search problem should be solved this week. I've got it just about fixed.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 2:22pm
88 brochure doesn't work
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 3:54pm
Hollywood,
Thanks. All fixed.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 4:56pm
How about the '89? Permission issue?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Hollywood,
Thanks. All fixed.

-Keith

Screeeeech. Links are a little crazy too.

undefined should be Martinqiue C/C(1)
Martinqiue C/C(1) should be Martinqiue C/C(2)
Martinqiue C/C(2) should be Martinique C/B(1)
Martinique C/B(1) should be Martinique C/B(2)
Martinique C/B(2) should be Dominique(1)
Dominique(1) should be Dominique(2)
Dominique(2) should be Barefoot(2)
BarefootNautique(2) should be FishNautique(1)
FishNautique(1) should be FishNautique(2)
FishNautique(2) should be Trailer(1)
Trailers(1) should be Trailers(2)
Trailers(2) should be Colors(1)
Colors(1) should be Colors(2)
Colors(2) should be Colors(3)
Colors(3) should be Colors(4)

Phew, the rest looks ok.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 8:18pm
Hey Hollywood,
The 1989 brochure and 1988 brochure are now fixed.

Thanks!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:14am
Diaries has not let me update 3 different times during the past few weeks.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:54am
Bruce,
Email me a description of what's happening - many, many others have successfully updated their Diaries listings.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 12:59am
I'm happy to report that the Forums Search is now fixed - thanks for your help Joel!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I'm happy to report that the Forums Search is now fixed - thanks for your help Joel!

-Keith

Keith, thats great! I was just playing around with it and there seems to be something wrong with the "all words" type of search. With multiple search words, its not narrowing down the number of results compared to an "any word" search.

On another note, Ive updated my profile to display my Tique under my name, but it doesnt show up when I post. Hard refresh didnt help- its been like this for a week or so, multiple computers. Strange.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 5:26pm
"... The little lights are twinkling Clark ..."

Just kidding, I'll look into that. The problem is probably an and or boolean.

Thanks Tim!

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
85skinautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 11:06pm
Just wanted to say Thanks!!! And if someone can pass me a beer and a handle, I'll be out on the water!!!!

Thanks & Keep Up The Great Site,
Matthew - Cleveland, OH.
85skinautique2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic