Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ACME 540

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakecumberland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakecumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACME 540
    Posted: March-24-2008 at 2:02pm
SOLD

bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2008 at 4:46pm
Why are you selling it after just 5 hours of time on it?What boat did you have it on?I would be very interested in the prop.Are you locate in Kentucky(just curious because of your screen name).Leave a number or an email address so I can get a hold of you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakecumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2008 at 5:04pm
Picture added!

I bought the prop late last season for my 68 Century Cheetah and have now decided to sell the boat so I put the old prop back on it. I am located in Somerset, KY. I would be happy to meet you somewhere if you are in the area. You can reach me at "arichardson82 at gmail.com"
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2008 at 5:09pm
Adam I live in Florence,Ky and could meet you half way if possible.I will send you a email.
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2008 at 5:28pm
I sent you and email Adam.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 12:44am
Brian: I love mine on my '80...hope you do too. Great hole shot..very smooth and will still turn a GPS 50 mph.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 12:57am
Jbear I'm hoping I'm going to like it.Its going on my 78 mustang,with the engine being totally factory.It still runs fast with the federal prop that I have on there,but I'm just looking for a little extra.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 1:43am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Brian: I love mine on my '80...hope you do too. Great hole shot..very smooth and will still turn a GPS 50 mph.
john

jbear, you have any issues with the gel coat just above the prop ?
I read somewhere on here that the prop may have to be cut down to prevent damage to the gel coat. Did you have to do this ?
Thinking about getting one too but that concerned me.

1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 2:14am
No issues with mine at all Roger. Maybe an earlier year hull would have the clearence problem that I too remember hearing about but like I said..mine is good.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 10:33am
Adam,I sent you another email about getting that prop.Let me know.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 11:38am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

No issues with mine at all Roger. Maybe an earlier year hull would have the clearence problem that I too remember hearing about but like I said..mine is good.

john

Keith ran the 540 on his Mustang 17, and Jeff Kostis runs one on his as well. I havent heard of any issues with clearance on that hull.

Id be surprised if its the fastest (top end) prop for that boat, but its probably the quickest out of the hole. Probably the best skiing prop too.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 4:27pm
Now I remember where I read that ...
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/articles/ACME_540_Prop.asp

it was Keiths review of the 540. And it had to do with replacing a 12" with a 13" prop.

So I guess that I will be spending more money now..

TRBenj,
I need that hole shot to get my fat A$$ out of the water.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 4:33pm
Adam,

If I scared bmiller off with the gelcoat issue, not sure if a 78 Mustang has the 12" or 13" prop, I would be interested in this prop also....

bmiller, I will not step in on your deal unless you change your mind...

Told ya jbear.. there goes more money
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2008 at 6:06pm
Critter,thanks for not stepping in on the deal,I'm sending the money out tomorrow for the prop.I checked with Delta Propeller and thats the prop that there recommending for that boat.I do alot of skiing compared to wakeboarding.Plus I need the power to get my ass out of the water also.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2008 at 1:33am
[QUOTE=TRBenj]
Id be surprised if its the fastest (top end) prop for that boat, but its probably the quickest out of the hole. Probably the best skiing prop too.

As usual..right on Tim. I could still do 50 (GPS) on my boat but had to turn 5300 rpm to do it with the 540. Could do 51 at 5K with the Federal 13x14. Haven't tried MM's favorite prop, my OJ Legend 13x13 as bktracer (Matt) is still trying it. But the 540 hole shot is awesome and I swear it runs smoother.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakecumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 6:03pm
SOLD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic