FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Northeast Reunion – Need Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northeast Reunion – Need Feedback
    Posted: March-29-2008 at 12:33pm
It’s bittersweet; our New England regional reunion is growing up. We’ll miss Sokokis Lake and all the local support, but we’re looking at more attendees this year than the area can hold. In search of a larger location, I came into contact with Adirondack Marine, located in Lake George, NY. Adirondack Marine has been a Correct Craft dealer for decades and has offered unprecedented support for this year’s reunion – including supplying 2008 demo boats, demo water ski equipment from their ski shop, local sponsor recruitment, help with lodging, event coordination and more.

For those of you who have not been to Lake George, the lake is located in the heart of the Adirondack mountains of New York and home to the famous Americade Motorcycle Rally. The town of Lake George is at the southern tip of the lake where you’ll find shops, restaurants, bars and everything else you’d want in a lake community. Located just north of Albany and west of Rutland, VT, Lake George is about four hours from Boston and five hours from Portland, ME.

With beautiful Lake George as a backdrop – and the tremendous support of Adirondack Marine – the 2008 Northeast Reunion is sure to be a fantastic event.

Here’s where we need your thoughts: There are two date options for the reunion in Lake George.

The first option is to stick with the weekend of August 22-24. This falls during peak vacation season on Lake George. The lake will be full of boating traffic throughout the day and the village will be full of people. Average resort rates will be $200-$450/night (with lower priced campgrounds in the area). Permits would be required for some of the things that we want to do (e.g. water-skiing and footing in the 5 m.p.h. zone and use of the public boat launches and docks).

The second option is to move the event out two weeks to September 12-14. Falling shortly after Labor Day, the area would be far less crowded but still 100% functional. The town would be more accommodating and all amenities better-priced. Water and air temps are virtually the same as the end of August but average hotel/resort rates would drop to between $89-$200/night. Permit requirements may change, launch and dock space would be ample and we would see lighter on-water traffic.

In my opinion, the later date will make for a better event and a great way to wrap-up the season. However, I recognize that pushing it out beyond Labor Day is a challenge for those of you who have children returning to school. I also know that for some, the summer ends on Labor Day. I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts on the two date options.

We’re excited about hosting the reunion in Lake George and look forward to seeing those of you for whom New Hampshire and Maine were just a bit too far in previous years. I’m hoping this is the last move for this event and, like Green Lake, we can build the tradition of returning to the same location year after year.

Thanks for your input,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 3:26pm
Keith, I think its great that Adirondack is stepping up and offering support. Lake George sounds like a great place for the reunion. The post-Labor Day date works just fine for me, and I would welcome the decreased traffic and lower costs of accomodations. Sounds like a win-win.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 3:53pm
Keith- That's terrific! We would prefer the September dates.
Thanks
-Brad
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The post-Labor Day date works just fine for me, and I would welcome the decreased traffic and lower costs of accomodations.

Ditto.That date works good for me(right now,anyway )

Would his majesty ReidP still consider attending??.How 'bout JBear.....summer vacation in Tennesee can't last forever.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 2:51am
Wow a mention in the same sentence as the Famous ReidP (his majesty)...I am definatly moving up in the world.

I think it is awesome what Keith has been able to put together here. Here is the type of arrangement that will grow these Reunions. Which we need since it is up in the air as to what C/C will be doing.

I would think that post Labor Day would be a winner. What a beautiful time in that area. Unfortunatly it is bad for us as that weekend is the 50th anniversary celebration for the West Shore Water Ski Club.....sure can't miss that.

Awesome job as usual Keith.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 12:41pm
I being a new cc owner was planning on going to one of the two reunions..now that its at lake George i am in the middle of the two with 8 hours of driving either way!! I might just have to go to both haha//
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by 82wake2001 82wake2001 wrote:

I being a new cc owner was planning on going to one of the two reunions..now that its at lake George i am in the middle of the two with 8 hours of driving either way!! I might just have to go to both haha//

I can't speak for the NE reunion, but Green Lake is a good time. I've flown out from California two years running, and this year will be towing a boat, 2170 miles each way. Give you are only 8 hours away, I'd highly recommend you book a room or campsite, and register. Worth the drive. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 2:26pm
Either date works for me.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 4:17pm
Later date sounds good Keith. I looked into accomodations, after we talked before. Looks like Lake George has a ton of little motels right on the water, even with dockage for guests. Sounds perfect. As you noted, they are pretty pricey in-season, so if early Sept is out of season, all the better.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 11:14am
Keith, At this point I don't believe I could get to either one this year, at least not for the whole weekend. Where you're teaming up with a dealer, it sounds like it will be different, (more formal and promotional rather than like a reunion), than last years NE Reunion or the Green Lake reunion. Sounds like it could be a big event.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Where you're teaming up with a dealer, it sounds like it will be different, (more formal and promotional rather than like a reunion), than last years NE Reunion or the Green Lake reunion.

Bruce, you make it sound like Adirondack's involvement is a negative! It seems like they will be able to offer support (just like MWCC does for GL) as well as familiarity with a potentially great reunion location. While the skiing was great last year at NE, the logisitics were tough. Finding a good location as well as having someone local with a lot of insight (just like Mojo at GL) has proven a challenge here in the east- so Adirondack is bringing a lot to the table.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 11:55am
Tim, not saying it's a negative, just different. MWCC doesn't host the GL event. Adirondack is hosting it aren't they?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 11:59am
Lake George has some size to it but with running north-south and with the mountains along the sides skiing should be decent at least mornings and afternoons. Once we get a date banged out it will come together. I have always wanted to do some camping on one of the smaller islands on lake george, might put me too far off of the beaten path for this event but at least it will be a good opportunity to scout out the good islands for another time.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Tim, not saying it's a negative, just different. MWCC doesn't host the GL event. Adirondack is hosting it aren't they?

ICBW but I highly doubt Keith is looking to give over any control of the event.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 12:29pm
Bruce,
Both reunions are CCF events. Adirondack's role is as a sponsor of the event, just like MWCC. It's our schedule, our events, our show -- just better with their support. As Tim mentioned, they will also be our local connection to the area, coordinating group discounts for room rates, camping, Friday and Saturday night dinners, coordinating local sponsors, provide detailed maps of the lake, clue us in to where the calm water is, etc.

Taking place in a community like Lake George, this year's event will resemble much more of what Green Lake has been for the past two years.

I really think it's going to be great!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

and this year will be towing a boat, 2170 miles each way.

Seriously?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

and this year will be towing a boat, 2170 miles each way.

Seriously?

If seriously means stupidly, then the answer is yes. I've got the vacation time, wife said yes, and the daughter is still young so we don't have kid stuff on the weekends. I said why not. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 2:47pm
For the first time, I have to say I can't attend the Northeast Reunion. I have an obligation that throws that weekend off. I'm available the weekend prior to those dates and the weekend after those dates in September. Now I'm really bummed.

Ken
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 2:56pm
Ken, there's plenty of time to reschedule whatever else is conflicting with that weekend.

Seriously, I understand that we can't pick a date that works for everyone - it's just not possible. Hopefully letting everyone know early allows for the best chance of scheduling around the event. Another benefit of the post-Labor Day weekend is that there should be less competition for everyone's time - summer weekends fill up fast.

So far, the support for the Sept. 12-14 dates is very strong. I'll give it a few more days but unless there is overwhelming objection, we'll be in Lake George on these dates.

Ken, I hope there's a way you can make it work. I truly believe it’s going to be an extraordinary event.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 3:26pm
The last person who wants to miss a reunion is definitely me, especially our local one. It falls right into a weekend that I can't wiggle out of, or believe me, Patricia and I'd be 1,000% signed up and committed. The first dates in June were perfect, September 5-7 and September 19-21 would be a green light for Patricia and I. If the dates change due to weather or something, count me, my wife and my boat in! Otherwise, I'll keep on shining the boat up for the NE '09 reunion!

Ken
77 nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 7:21pm
Keith, eather of the dates work for me but I think September would be better all around. Less boat traffic would be nice. I live about 45 miles away from lake George and have spent manny hours on the lake. It can get really rough when its busy. I'm looking forward to going this year. Its ironic, I was just at Adarondack marine Friday buying some parts and was saying how they should have an event like this. This will be my first but certianly not my last! Can't wait.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 2:07pm
Since there has been no objection to the September dates (besides personal scheduling conflicts - sorry Ken), the Northeast Reunion will be in Lake George, NY on September 12-14. The info page and registration will be up shortly.

Thank you to all who provided feedback.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 4:56pm
Well I am excited, forgive me I am jumping the gun... Do we know event locations or at least a central location we should try to book near? FYI were just under a dozen boat-in campsites left for that weeked on long island last I checked, nothing looked available at the battlefield campground but I didnt look too hard at the other campground in town. It might be easier this year to book boat friendly motels or day use docks this year to keep the group in the same general area and then scout out locations for future years while we are there.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 5:13pm
Joe,
We're working to block off rooms at a resort at a heavily discounted rate. The goal is to offer a good deal for everyone, provide the opportunity for many of us to stay at the same place and hopefully have the Friday night boat show and BBQ at the same location. There are a few different resorts we’re in contact with – letting them compete for our business. We should have this wrapped up by early next week.

We are also looking to block off campsites at a cooperative campground. Email me any ideas you have.

More info to come!

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Since there has been no objection to the September dates (besides personal scheduling conflicts - sorry Ken), the Northeast Reunion will be in Lake George, NY on September 12-14. The info page and registration will be up shortly.

Thank you to all who provided feedback.

-Keith

Believe me, I would have been the first one to register for our reunion. I have a work obligation I can't get out of. I'm absolutely bummed about it. If by any chance it does change to the weekend before or weekend after the 11, 12, count me, Patricia and my boat in. We were looking forward a journey to NY. I look forward to the cool photos and video clips.

I will make a donation to CCF around that time to help offset some of the food or entertainment costs. Have a drink and burger on me. Looking forward to '09!

Mike / Kyle, I hope we can still get together over the summer to do some boating. Maybe we can do a BBQ weekend or something.

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 6:05pm
Well I lied about the battlefield campground upon further review its actually mostly available that weekend. Its the public campground closest to town but lacks day use facilities or water access.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Norestr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 7:31pm
Sept 12-14 should work for my wife and I. We will be bringing a classic restored 69 Barracuda, and a beautiful restored 77 SN. This will be our first CCF reunion... We can not wait.

Both boats purchase through CCF! Thanks Keith.
Norestr
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Norestr Norestr wrote:

Sept 12-14 should work for my wife and I. We will be bringing a classic restored 69 Barracuda, and a beautiful restored 77 SN. This will be our first CCF reunion... We can not wait.

Both boats purchase through CCF! Thanks Keith.

Neil, thats great! Where do you call home?

Are your boats in the diaries? Lets see them!
Norestr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 8:12pm
CRYSTAL LAKE in little Gilmanton Iron Works NH...
Norestr
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Norestr Norestr wrote:

... We will be bringing a classic restored 69 Barracuda, and a beautiful restored 77 SN. This will be our first CCF reunion... Both boats purchase through CCF!

This post made my day. This is exactly what this site is all about!

Looking forward to meeting you Neil adn seeing those boats!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic