Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2008 Perf. Ski and Boat Comp.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake 2008 Perf. Ski and Boat Comp.
    Posted: April-09-2008 at 3:47pm
Remember this topic and paragraph from back last August and the small stir it caused?
"New idea for next year: To make power and pull an element as opposed to just hole shot and top speed, AND put more sport into it, I suggest we have an event where each boat has to pull a deepwater barefooter as well. I choose Hollywood as my skier and BoatDr wants Johnny. It brings total HP more into the deal. You like that don't you Tim and BFN's?"

Well, I didn't want to add further to that previously misguided thread (Bragging Rights II), but since we haven't discussed this topic for 8 months now, isn't it time to do some real planning?

So besides some friendly grudge match drag racing which is a given (unless you're at a New England event), what were some of the other suggestions which leaned toward 2-man+ team events?
* Deep water drags? - Simply the drag race with a barefooter behind you.       
* Slalom relay? - Drag start with a slalom skier then drop him to swap driver and skier. Can be just 2 or 3 or whatever.
Ideas, thoughts??
ReidP
1973 Mustang

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:13am
How about races for boats with near original engines by decade, a super stock class perhaps? I know that is nearly incomprehensible to you Reid, but there are a few of us out here with original blocks, displacement, cams, etc.!

I'm mortgaging the house and betting on Pete for the '50's race!

The other ideas sound like a blast to do or to watch.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:22am
Sounds like a tractor pull,is Reid setting someone up? Is he putting a turbine in a CC?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:24am
He figures he can get the top speed with his little baby blue, now hes looking for another category that he can take with his classic...

I think we better get up early either way to get a bunch runs in under barney's watchful eye..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:00pm
I've been botoxing and cortisoning my soles Reid for the ultimate glide, should be ready by July.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

He figures he can get the top speed with his little baby blue, now hes looking for another category that he can take with his classic...

I could be wrong, but I dont think he's planning on bringing either of those boats this year.

Steve, I like the idea of a super-stock class. Ill be right there with you!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 3:53pm
We're actually planning to come somewhat stock original this year with baby blue and the Classic staying home. And yes, I like that SS Class as well Steve and Tim. Rodney is bringing the light blue 72 Skier, whose engine has never even been out of the boat. And same holds true for my 73 Mustang, which looks like a GL candidate. And both of those original HM's still run OK.

However, this doesn't bode well for Hollywood and our barefoot drag competition. HW, you might want add a little botox to your as# as well.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

However, this doesn't bode well for Hollywood and our bare as# drag competition. HW, you might want add a little botox to your as# as well.
Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 7:00pm
Didn't sound good did it Cat!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 8:45pm
Sounds like we might need to come up with a lock for that tent door to keep out some of these odd type of fellows!
Greg

86 BFN
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 9:01pm
Ummm... I was kind of envisioning lining up against 62 Wood, not the likes of Reid and Tim
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 12:18am
It is sort of hard to believe you can use the words Reid's boat or Tim's boat and stock in the same sentence!
Greg

86 BFN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 12:47am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Ummm... I was kind of envisioning lining up against 62 Wood, not the likes of Reid and Tim

ouch... so Steve, you think you actually stand a chance against this powerhouse, ehhh?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 12:57am
I have to talk smack before you unleash that 'Cuda you have waiting in the wings, Steve!

Besides, don't forget the great equalizer - my tuning skills are good for shaving at least 2 cylinders off my motor.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

I have to talk smack before you unleash that 'Cuda you have waiting in the wings, Steve!

Besides, don't forget the great equalizer - my tuning skills are good for shaving at least 2 cylinders off my motor.

LOL
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 1:25am
I hear you RainDog. But mechanical skills will rival you with my 4 cyl Holman 151.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 12:51pm

I hear you RainDog. But mechanical skills will rival you with my 4 cyl Holman 151.

hahaha...nice try. I might have fallen for that line some 340 posts or so ago, Reid.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 4:15am

However, this doesn't bode well for Hollywood and our barefoot drag competition. HW, you might want add a little botox to your as# as well.

This Hollywood stuff is getting Hollyweird

This Drag competition, as you put it Reid, sounds more like a DRAG QUEEN competition!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic