NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boarding with bad back.....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
paul96cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul96cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boarding with bad back.....
    Posted: April-30-2008 at 8:35pm
I have a bad back, used to water ski but being pulled out of the water on a ski was to much pressure on my lower back. So I switched to wakeboarding because you pop up so fast on a board, it still gives my back trouble. Anyone else ski with a bad back? Any suggestions on technique or what to ski on, how to get up? My friend says his air chair is very easy on the back....anyone agree that that is the easiest on the back? All comments welcome.   -Paul
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 12:20am
I have a Sky Ski hydrofoil and I'd say it is pretty easy on the back. So far however, I've been lucky and don't have to contend with a bad back. If you are having back pain issues on a wakeboard start, you may have the same trouble with the hydrofoil. The initial pull out of the water is similar to the pressure you get with a wakeboard. Once up and flying, you will have almost no strain or pull.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2008 at 12:33am
Sky Ski is the only waterskiing "thing" that I have never been hurt doing. If you have a bad back you need to find a personal trainer and have them show you how to strengthen your core muscles. Other than that....Sky Ski is the way to go, just get a shock tower once you start jumping.

Tim

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 1:23am
   Try wakesurfing.It doesn't get much easier on your body than that

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 1:35am
Well, I've had some fairly severe back injuries, and a major spinal surgery at T3, right between my shoulder blades. I still ride a wakeboard, though I can't do a lot of tricks, and I get on a water ski once in the while as well. I've never tried an air chair/sky ski. Maybe some day. Until the doctors say "no more" I'll just keep boarding and skiing as my body allows. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 2:10pm
Paul, have you tried going to a chiropractor? My wife has issues with her back. She goes like every other week to get ajusted. She is able to kneeboard a combo ski but she also has the same attitude as BKH. She'll go until she is told otherwise.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic