NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wakeboard suggestions for beginners?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by randall randall wrote:

Thanks BKH. I appreciate the help. I may keep asking questions about different models.

Like anything else, I bet a few minutes of good instruction from someone would go a long way. But, I don't know anyone that can show me the basics.

Where do you live?I'd bet if your close to anyone on this site who boards they would be willing to get you out there.Like Brian said,it's not difficult.Probably the hardest thing to get over for a skier would be the twisted stance and not allowing your shoulders to square up to the boat and take an edge catch.Once you learn the basic technics it's easy to enjoy yourself,just like anything else.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
randall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 5:46pm
I am in Birmingham AL.

I just paid for a used Liquid Force Omega 139 with alpha boots.
From all advice and reading, that is a good choice for me. The guy is including a basic instructional DVD so that is good.

I have to give it a try...I don't want to miss out on anything.
randall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2008 at 1:01pm
Went out for the first time Saturday. It went very well on the Omega 139. It felt more slippery than expected. My first throught was it needed more fins. But, this model is supposed to have very forgiving edges...I now realize the need for that. I fell one time really hard.

All in all, I like it. It will take a while to get totally comfortable on it. Hopefully, I will be jumping well with more time on it next spring.
1973 CC Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic