NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intermediate Slalom Ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intermediate Slalom Ski
    Posted: June-02-2008 at 1:11pm
I am an intermediate slalom skier and I am looking for a slalom ski to run the course. The ideal ski is 68" +/-, not more than 3 years old, and has double boots with the rubber in good shape.

The ski does not have to be top of the line, but perhaps a second tier ski in a given line.

I am open to all brands but prefer D3, Connelly, O'Brien, Goode, or HO.

Thanks.
NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 2:26pm
I have a couple of D-3's for sale if your intersted all are blank and drilled for HO binding patterns.

06 nomad 67" skied on last summer, purchased new, $250.00 This is a factory test ski, meaning the flex is a little out of spec, (Not more then 10%) and will suit anyone from open water skiing to 35' off.

04'D-3 Tightline carbon, (updated version of the KD 7000) its a 67.5, skied on for 2 seasons. $200.00

Both skis are in great shape, I can box up and send them out at the end of the week when I return from work.

Jeff

LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 3:53pm
I am definitely interested. Will the 67" or 67.5" work for a 190 lb'er like me? I tried my friend's 65" nomad and could not get out of the water on 5 tries. I finally broke the handle.

Do you have any boots to go with them?
NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 4:39pm
Sorry I dont have any bindings, but you can check ski it again for animals or other HO bindings, or you can call Wileys and they can hook you up with some wiley bindings (which are great and inexpensive.) Also D-3 has some drivers for $100 each, you just need a HO plate that can be had for $20.00 for the rear binding. (wileys or D-3 has the plate)

I usually start the ski season around 185-88lbs after working on my winter diet. So I would think they would work well for you. The Tightline is a little wider in front of the binding then the nomad, and in theory would make it easier to get up on.

BTW I ran my most consistant 15 off's with the tightline.   
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 9:02pm
Sounds like the Tightline may be the ticket. I have been warned at buying "too much ski" for someone still learning the course.

Where can I get in touch with Wiley's?
NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 12:32am
www.wileyski.com

The tightline would serve you well, You could buy them both and see which one you liked best, and the resell the other one. I'll make you a package deal of $425.00 plus shipping if you want them both. Just a thought!

Jeffratledge@yahoo.com if you want to email me directly.

Jeff
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 2:13pm
Jeff: I e-mailed you...
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2008 at 3:46am
Thought I would close the loop on this one. I bought a KD 7000 ski, 67" with large boots, and padded bag, delivered to my door for 189.00. This ski is so sweet, light, in excellent shape ready to go. I got it on Ski-it-Again.com.

I can't wait to take it down the course for the first time. Planning on a 2-day ski camp trip this weekend! Got the Perfect Pass installed on the boat, too. Took it out on the Sacramento River tonight and it was a sheet of freaking glass. 2 slalom sets. 2 barefoot sets. Loving it...

This is a good site for gear. Most of the skis are high caliber, and 3-7 years old. I had my eye on a new D3, but for a hack like me it would likely be a waste of money.

Thanks for the responses.
NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2008 at 2:28pm
Glad to hear you got a new stick. The 7000 will suit you well.

agundlachny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agundlachny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2016 at 9:47pm
Do you still have a D3 Tightline water ski available for sale?
Al Gundlach
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 10:19pm
That thread is 8 years old
agundlachny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agundlachny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 10:53am
I know it's 8 years old but you never know. I'm having a hard time finding a 2003 D3 Tightline ski and trying everything I can to find one.
Al Gundlach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic