NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PYLON, w/ RING & FINGER ****SOLD*****

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PYLON, w/ RING & FINGER ****SOLD*****
    Posted: November-11-2008 at 6:57pm
Someone painted the pylon black, should be able to sand it off and polish the aluminum. RING AND FINGER intact. What you see in the photo is what you get. $SOLD   SHIPPED UPS to your door. (980)581-0006

pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 8:13pm
So is this really an 80-86 pylon since there is no plate that screws to the floor or is that a separate, loose piece?
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 10:29pm
70's is a separate loose piece... at least my '78 is.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:27am
This one is from a 79 Nautique.....and is MISSING the small aluminum plate with the four bolts that sat on top of the floor (the plate is a seperate piece, can be duplicated for minimal $$). The previous owner of this particular 79 made a custom frame to support the pylon under the floor so he did not use the plate. It worked incredibly well for this boat.....but the rest of the hull was junk. I injured my shoulder getting this pylon out of the boat, that is how well his invention worked! I bet this would work in the 2001 hull, just not POSITIVE. Be glad to measure if anyone needs it.    
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 2:25am
Cool, I'm guessing it is the same pylon used through 86 (and some of the way through 87 that still used the ring/finger). The plate was probably no longer necessary after the engine cradle was developed. The floor plate could be made very cheaply, good luck with the sale!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 11:41am
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

70's is a separate loose piece... at least my '78 is.

Nate

Interesting. My '78 Tiques pylon has the flange attached. There is also a seperate flange that is not attached, that goes below the floor to sandwich it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 12:08pm
TRBenj........ this is not a Tique pylon. This is from a 1979 Ski Nautique, notice the bend. So your Tique pylon may have the flange attatched. All of the Tique pylons I have are all straight.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 12:21pm
Paul- good point. It didnt occur to me that the pylons would be different between the 2 boats, but youre right- mine is straight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic