NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

removable swim platform brackets

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: removable swim platform brackets
    Posted: December-15-2008 at 6:58pm
I am about to bring my new 89 2001 home in two weeks and I know it won't fit in my garage without removing the platform. Does anyone know a good supplier for the removable brackets or will these work?

http://alloymarine.com/qrs.shtml

Thanks!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 7:03pm
It'll fit w/o spending a dime. Remove prop and bowstop and scoot her up. This is why there is that extra carpet up there! The tongue weight is gonna go up so make sure you are using a full size truck, and you might want/need to use an automotive floor jack to get it off the truck.

I thought about doing this myself but luckily the rig fits in the garage w/o having to remove the platform or tongue modification.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 7:09pm
I only have a 22' garage. How big is yours?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 7:15pm
Big enough! 24' ? I don't exactly recall. It only goes in for winter anyhow, if I had to do it every week I would get the brackets and/or do the tongue.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Big enough! 24' ? I don't exactly recall. It only goes in during the winter anyhow, if I had to do it every week I would call Quinner and/or do it with the tongue.
Greg

86 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 8:50pm
Actually I'd call YOU!

ski cat has his skier shoved up on the trailer in his garage, maybe he can give you some pointers.

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 8:52pm
how do you move the boat forward after taking off the bow stop? It is heavy!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 8:59pm
hmmm, if there were some way to get the boat off the trailer easy...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2008 at 10:23pm
akabulla,

To answer your question, the alloymarine brackets will work fine. A bunch of us have them, I got them for the same reason you are looking, so as to fit in the garage (easier than moving your boat back and forth on the trailer) Check with Boat Dr, he is a rep for them and can get you a good price. Sometimes there have been issues with getting them with the just right transom angle, but I'm sure they've done a zillion 2001s so that shouldnt be a problem.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2008 at 5:26pm
The Alloy Marine brackets were a life saver for me as well, both on the 76' and the 96'.. If you don't have room, and the boat will fit without the platform, it's the way to go long term..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2008 at 9:11pm
I need t get a set of these for my barefoot. Not for the space but for the ease of refinishing the teak.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2008 at 2:37am
Beat me to it Greg....it was almost to easy...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic