NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MIke Seipel EZ Footer

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 7:06am
Another successful lesson 1st time "In the swing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCiz9nUonro&feature=channel_page
This is the life
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 1:58pm
She did great. But who is the good looking guy, who is an excellent barefooter, driving the boat? This is a great way to introduce people to footing. Some of the chief complaints I have heard is spray in the face. The "mad max" style goo-goo goggles really fixed that.

From a technical perspective, my only complaint is the sling does not allow the arms to be extended. Small point, but an important one moving forward.

I recall her parting words were, "I want to do it again, only faster." errrr, obviously referring to the barefooting....

Nice job, Foot King.
Got Foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 4:13pm
Too technical at this point in the game, the object is fun fun fun and to get the feet to be planted and ski, arms are of no concern yet, that will come once graduation to the boom happens. I only want the arms to hold on no matter what happens and keep face away from the boom. It will take a couple more lessons and then she can move directly to boom and start in deepwater position with feet/toes crossed over the cable to help keep them out front. Then the arms will be long....remember its a progression. we will only keep the training wheels on til they get bored with them.
Let's teach all of your kids. This is the way.

I must say she was an excellent student. Did what was asked of her when it was "yelled" at her LOL.
This is the life
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 5:44pm
I have asked my daughter to take a look at the video. How fast were you going? Maybe we'll give it a try this weekend.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 7:08pm
18.5 on the gps...no faster than that, she is just about 100 lbs...for kids you can go slower, depending on their weight, you will need to go about 12 to 18 for the first time out...just to get their feet wet. She used goggles due to having contacts(but it keeps spray from becoming an issue too, I highly recommend them)
hook a handle on and wrap it around to get the height correct, prop up the boom with throwable cushions, the higher the better really, you want them off the water right away(at first)so they can just set feet down, it would be a good idea to discuss foot position on dryland first. Not too much heel, that digs in, push down the forefoot but keeps toes up slightly to not catch, tell them to stand on their feet look straight ahead(not down at feet), DO NOT LET GO OF THE BOOM NO MATTER WHAT. if you can get boom really high its better because the arms go up and the boom cannot touch the face or headWhen it is lower like in the video there is a danger of contact to the boom/head.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 7:14pm
to wrap the handle you need to use the spot where the cable attaches to the boom to keep your wrap from just slipping around and coming off, the cable keeps it from spinning off so it will stay at your set height.
there are few ways to do it but you have to use the cable to stop it from just spinning around the boom.
This is the life
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 4:02pm
We had a 5 year old, a 7 year old and a 12 year old in the swing over the weekend. A good time was had by all. My son John, who is 7, said, "I barefoot just like you, Daddy." Comments like that is why I love having kids and makes the diaper years worth is all!
Got Foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 4:53pm
here are the most common coaching shouts to get them skiing in the swing:

toes up

stand up

bend knees

look straight ahead...(or Don't look down)

before putting them out there do dryland practice on: knees together, bend knees, stand up, toes up but feet "relaxed" somewhat(this one is tough), best to sit them down and with handle "pull" them up to "standing" with bent knees(squeezed together) but feet apart shoulder width, and toes up but feet relaxed, look where you are going, don't look down at feet....just keep going over and over those points...again and again and again.

little kids are best started with handle/swing about 1 foot over the water so they just "fly" most of the time, then turn away from the boom at the end to give them a "sky fly"...then stop before you hit your wakes...they will love it.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:03pm
The gal in the video posted above went out with us again and brought her 9 year old daughter,"Fearless" LOL, first time in the swing no problems she "footed" weight was 67 lbs, speed was 16. she went out twice and wanted more, on the way home she looked at me and asked(without asking her mother) Can we go again this Thursday? Can we, can we? huh? ROFL.
This is the life
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:04pm
I would say goggles make go pretty well, too. For the little ones' the spray is not too bad. For my daughter who weighs 120 lbs. there is a lot of spray at first.
Got Foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:09pm
funny story about the goggles...I love googles and wear em all the time almost, I footed up to another boat that kinda got in our way and I slid to a stop near them, the boy about 8 in the boat yelled at me: Are you BLINDFOLDED?

I almost died laughing.   
This is the life
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic