NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alabama

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
220nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alabama
    Posted: February-17-2009 at 2:21am
I have read that there has been talk in the past about possibly having a get together in Alabama. This is lake martin. I put some pictures up so you guys could get an idea of what the lake is like. This lake has lots of restaurants and bars( reachable by land or water) and lots of coves with sandy beaches. Lake Martin also has an amphitheater with a pretty good summer line up. Not sure what yalls taste in music is but this memorial day is Marshall Tucker Band to give you and idea. The most popular place to hang is Chimney rock where there is an 75'(not exactly sure on that)cliff were people are diving and jumping into the lake. Often at Chimney rock you will see the ice cream man boat, the burger boat, and the party pontoon. Nothing is better than a burger after being on the lake all day. The lake has tons of places you can go to escape all that as well. THIS IS

THE COVE (THE LODGING)

THIS IS CHUCK'S PIZZA AND BAR

THIS IS SINCLAIRS THIS PLACE HAS GREAT SEAFOOD. ALL THESE PLACES HAVE GREAT MUSIC ALSO WITH OUTDOOR SEATING AND BARS.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES BY CHIMNEY ROCK
i cant get these to post. i will need to figure out how to make the file size smaller.

There is also a slalom course.

I just noticed this place has been talked about so i wanted to get you guys some pics.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 2:37am
   Go to microsoft site and download the picture resizing tool.It allows you to right click on any of your pics and resize quickly and easily.Use the post image uploader after resizing. Way less work than photobucket,etc.

looks like a nice place.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 2:44am
thanks
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 2:45am

ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 3:40am
If you like going to church on sunday mornings we also have a church on the lake.

there are also tons of rental lake places. I also also forgot to mention that The Cove hotel is right next to our nautique dealer. We also have a ski club which i am not a part of but i bet they would have some members who would be all about some skiers coming to town.

More lake Martin facts

39,180 acres with 743 miles of wooded shoreline
length is 31 miles
Average depth 41' (the pics above are over 100')
after completion in 1926 it was the largest man made lake in the world. I dont think that is true now.
it is not Alabama's cleanest lake but they say the visibility is 15'.

Just for fun check out this tacky lake house. it was owned by Richard Scrushy the former CEO of HealthSouth it was taken from him after he was charged. no one lives in it now and no one likes it on the lake.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 9:34am
Originally posted by 220nautique 220nautique wrote:

Just for fun check out this tacky lake house.

Let's all stay there! LOL
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 8:10pm
mike, i love your boat! That's my favorite color combo out of all the airs. very sharp.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 9:01pm
Looks georgous! Im in! Short drive from Louisiana.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 9:59pm
Tellarico,
We need to round some people up Ms, La, Tn, Ga, Fl and wherever else. it's a pretty good location. I have a place down there too if we wanted to have a big cookout then hit the bars for some cold beer.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 2:32am
   Thanks 220.

You gotta get some pics up of yours.
   Where is this place in proximity to Mobile?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 5:29am
about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 12:30pm
I think we could put together something this spring or early summer as long as we don't conflict with other events. Boat Dr. and a couple others are in LA and they just had a pretty good group get together in Florida. I'm sure some of them would be intrested. It seems like many places to stay on the Lake,do they also have camping, poppular with many boaters?
Paul
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 4:02pm
i had been keeping up with posts from "the next florida ccfan reunion" because you guys were getting real close to me. this alabama gathering is even closer, 180 miles away. all of the pics look great...
bill
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 4:04pm
there are campsites as well

http://www.alapark.com/WindCreek/
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2009 at 9:41pm
Mike, unfortunately this is the only picture i have. i need more!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2009 at 12:30am
   That pic works fine. Nice piece! I like the over the tower bimini. So this place is closer to Montgomery,no?   More like Northern Alabama? Forgive my ignorance ,I've only been to Mobile. BTW, hows the surf wake behind that rig?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2009 at 1:02am
surfing is great. the lake is about 45 minutes from montgomery.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2009 at 6:22pm
I think the idea of haveing a reunion at Lake Martin is great!!! There is a long history of Correct Crafts in this state. I am from nearby Lake Mitchell and we have over 100 on our lake alone! As for what weekend to have this I would suggest not having it on Memorial Day weekend due to the increased boat traffic and less available lodge accommodations.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
randall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 7:25pm
Yes, I would like to come to anything in AL.

Agree on lake Mitchell too, it is a very popular inboard spot.
1973 CC Mustang
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 7:34pm
Summer will be over before we know it. How about a weekend in June? Who is avaliable during June? If June is too soon I am good the month of August.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 3:06am
I'm booked up in June. I am available in July except for the 11th. Aug. is good too!
Let's get something going!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic