Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Pylon for !958, 18’ boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ethan F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Pylon for !958, 18’ boat
    Posted: April-18-2009 at 3:49pm
Does anyone out there know where I can get a ski pylon for an 18 foot, 1958 boat.
Ethan
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2009 at 6:59pm
Ethan,
What kind of boat? A Correct Craft? What model?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Ethan F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2009 at 11:58pm
Boat is a CorrectCraft Collegian
Ethan
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2009 at 12:46am
Ethan,
I doubt you'll find one. I never did and I looked for 12 years. Of course we didn't have CCfan back then ether!!

Here's what would be period correct for your Collegian.

I fabricated this after seeing another 50's Correct Craft with a pylon. The main shank is 1" stainless turned down to 1/2" and bent backward for the finger. The ring is 1/2" rolled into the ring, coped at the ends and welded to the shank. All welded, ground and polished. Below deck it's 1" pipe (painted) down to a clevis on the inner keel. Deck flange was machined and polished stainless too.

Now, we are not going to let you get off so easy here. First, welcome to a great site and second we demand pictures!!!!! A 58 Collegian must also go in the diaries section. Get the pictures together, a little story and submit it to Keith for the diaries. Of course fill us in here in the forum section too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic