FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique Ski/Wakeboard Vest

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique Ski/Wakeboard Vest
    Posted: May-01-2009 at 7:51pm
CorrectCraftFan.com has partnered with Eagle Sports to be the exclusive provider of the officially licensed Nautiques by Correct Craft branded competition ski and wakeboard vest.

We have taken the acclaimed Eagle 1 Vest and added to it a vertically apposed Nautiques by Correct Craft logo on front and Nautique 'N' centered on the upper back. In addition, this exclusive vest is 10% off when you use the CCFAN discount code at checkout.

This vest is only available through CorrectCraftFan.com so please feel free to share the link below with all your ski and wakeboard friends.

For more informaiton, visit:
http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/store/vest

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 8:02pm
Wow, that's cool.

Incase anyone was planning on purchasing one of these as a gift...Please NOTE: These vests are not Coast Guard Approved. They are designed to be competitive level wake and ski vests.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Incase anyone was planning on purchasing one of these as a gift...

....I take a size large

Very cool Keith!
-Brad
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 12:36am
I recently had a chance to tour the Eagle Sports facility and see some of these vests. They, like the new barefoot wetsuits are top-notch and I would incourage private lake users to grab one.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Incase anyone was planning on purchasing one of these as a gift...Please NOTE: These vests are not Coast Guard Approved. They are designed to be competitive level wake and ski vests.

Good call. These comp vests are generally for private water only, in general. Shallow private lakes where help can get to you fast if you get in trouble. They are really cool looking!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 11:14am
So they don't float you?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 2:02pm
Hey Guys,
Thanks for pointing that out Hollywood.

These vests will float you but not as well as a USCG Approved vest. From what I understand, the Non-USCG Approved vests float you at shoulder height in the water, rather than chest height, and won't right you. Furthermore, most states require a USCG Approved vest when skiing or wakeboarding.

With all that said, these vests are far less bulky and are preferred by competitive skiers and wakeboarders (there are usually different rules for ski and wakeboard training and tournaments - i.e. in ME you don't need a spotter when skiing through a slalom course if you have a tournament mirror).

In addition, I think they are used for wakeboarding more as the reduced bulk is better for doing tricks and the speeds are slower (like trick skiers who ofter don't wear vests at all).

I would much rather offer both USCG Approved and Non-USCG Approved 'Nautiques' branded vest and hope to be able to offer both in the near future.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 3:09pm
Keith, you must keep a bottle of milk of magnesia by your computer. While I wouldn't try passing that type of a jacket off to a game warden on a safety check, I wouldn't worry about being pulled over on a public lake while skiing with one. My guess is besides reducing the bulk, they probably protect you better in a bad crash.

Real nice jackets!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 2:32pm
What about big sizes xxxl xxxxl? We are not all ilttle fellows you know?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

So they don't float you?

Some float better than others. I have 2 non certified vests. One good test is to exhale all the air out of your lungs and see how far you go down.

I wouldn't suggest a beginner skier wear anything not certified or if you are trying anything new where a large crash might happen. The spotter should also pay close attention as well, as usual.

Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Buy two XLs and zip them together.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2009 at 10:38pm

Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Buy two XLs and zip them together.[/QUOTE]

I'm not feelin the love here.
carnes99 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 6:08pm
I love this vest. I've been looking for a nice comp vest and I love how simple it is. Black with white, doesn't get more simple than that!
Keep mama happy and life is GOOD!
Josh
2005 SAN LE
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2009 at 3:24pm
My understanding of USCGA approval is that it must be designed to float you face up in the event you are passed out from the impact. My old (20 years ago already )barefoot suit had chest pads to rotate you in the water and try to put you on your back. If you dive in the water and try to dead man float, most will roll you.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 3:39pm
Lots of misunderstandings on "life" vests here.

A TYPE I PFD, or OFFSHORE LIFE JACKET provides the most buoyancy. It is effective for all waters, especially open, rough, or remote waters where rescue may be delayed. It is designed to turn most unconscious wearers in the water to a face-up position. The TYPE I comes in two sizes: Adult size provides at least 22 pounds of buoyancy, the child size, 11 pounds, minimum.Most likely, none of us have these onboard our ski boats

A TYPE II PFD, NEAR-SHORE BUOYANT VEST is intended for calm, inland water or where there is a good chance of quick rescue. This type will turn SOME unconscious wearers to a face-up position. The turning action is not as pronounced nor as effective as a TYPE I. An adult size provides at least 15.5 pounds buoyancy, a medium child size provides 11 pounds. Infant and small child sizes each provide at least 7 pounds buoyancy.Most likely what you carry as "spare" jackets stuffed onboard for when you get pulled over

A TYPE IV PFD, or THROWABLE DEVICE is intended for calm, inland water with heavy boat traffic, where help is always present. It is designed to be thrown to a person in the water and grasped and held by the user until rescued. It is not designed to be worn. Type IV devices include buoyant cushions, ring buoys, and horseshoe buoys.What you sit on to see over the windshield

A TYPE V PFD, or SPECIAL USE DEVICE is intended for specific activities and may be carried instead of another PFD only if used according to the approval condition on the label. Some Type V devices provide hypothermia protection. Varieties include deck suits, work vests, board sailing vests, and Hybrid PFDs. A TYPE V HYBRID INFLATABLE PFD is the least bulky. It contains a small amount of inherent buoyancy and an inflatable chamber and must be worn when underway to be acceptable. This type is designed to automatically inflate upon entering the water.Don't know anyone carrying one of these besides maybe boat dr.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2009 at 2:59am
It's ironic, but a Barefoot wetsuit is not USCG approved either, yet people will were them often barefooting or not.
I ordered one of the vests, but have not yet recieved it. Has anyone else ordered one?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2009 at 2:28am
Ryan,
I ordered one and it showed up today. It's a really sweet vest. Looks so cool with the 'Nautiques' running up the front.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2009 at 12:17pm
In Michigan, the skier is NOT required to wear any floatation, but must have a CG approved life jacket in the boat. It makes no sense to me. When we foot in our barefoot suits, we always have a CG approved life jacket for the footer (seems redundant).
BTW, I gotta get me one of them there vests!
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2009 at 12:41am
Got mine and it looks great, suggest you guys snag one!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 2:33am
Tried out my new vest last weekend. Love it!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 12:49pm
Keith are you somehow related to Michael Keaton or you're just a fan of the high eyebrow gest?

By the way, the vest looks great, I'll see if I can get my hands on one in a few months.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 10:07pm
Luciano, very funny. No, no relation. I'd like to blame it on the bright sun but that's not the first time anyone has commented on my high eyebrows.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic