NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damper Plate 90 SN 351 1:23 PP

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damper Plate 90 SN 351 1:23 PP
    Posted: August-13-2007 at 1:14pm
Joe, also a good time to completey flush the oil, tip it over and let it drain, probably should put a front seal in also, dont forget about alignment!
"the things you own will start to own you"
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 11:17am
I did this a couple of years ago, before having to register for the forums. If you need any help with this process, I along with several other members here have done this and can help you. Ask away!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 10:09am
A great tip on re-assembly is, if you can leave your damper bolts loose untill trans is installed it will allow the trans to perfectly center the damper, you'll either have to go thorough an inspection cover or starter hole to tighten
"the things you own will start to own you"
Michel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2007 at 6:38pm
standing by for the pictures as well....

Thx!
graybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 11:44pm
Joel,

Are you still on the CC Forum? If so, could you send me your e-mail - I will be attempting something to your job - I have to get to my flywheel. I think your experience might prove helpful. Thanks.

Charlie
charles.hebson@hotmail.com
1979 Southwind 18 PCM351
JoelH View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoelH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2005 at 2:25am
I just went ahead and did the swap tonight. I took pictures of the whole process and will post a DIY soon!
JoelH View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoelH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 8:38pm
Ok, I'm prepping for a little "boat surgery" and want to make sure my procedure sounds good for replacing the damper plate in my boat (see subject line for model). Looks to me like the engine sits nice and level because of the PP trans (thank god) so I don't have to tilt the engine to get to any bolts. Here is the procedure- any input will help, esp on the bellhousing/trans removal part:

1. Un bolt prop shaft coupling
2. Slide shaft back until prop hits rudder
3. Remove invertaflo muffler unit
4. Remove trans cooler
5. Remove neutral safety switch lines
6. Remove shift cable
7. Place bottle jack under exhaust manifold and extend jack to exactly the height of the bottom of the manifold for support- just barely snug
8. Place a 4x4 of the same height, possibly shimmed, under the other manifold for addn'l support (skidim says jack only, but I can't see supporting the whole engine on one mani)
9. Unbolt rear engine mounts from trans itself, leaving them attached to the stringers (and still aligned, hopefully
10. Remove starter
11. Unbolt cover plate from bottom of bell housing (this is the vertical plate of thin metal between the bell housing and the engine, behind the flywheel)
12. unbolt bell housing from engine, undoing those 4 or so giant bolts along the top of the bell housing
13.Remove trans and bell housing in one piece, set aside
14. Replace damper plate
15. Reverse the whole process.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic