NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open invitation to Iowa!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open invitation to Iowa!
    Posted: July-21-2009 at 3:48pm
Just got all caught up with work and school after a great weekend in Green Lake! What an awesome time despite some cold weather and a few raindrops.

I spoke with a few Iowan's at GL so I thought I would throw out an open invitation to Lake Delhi which is in the north east corner of Iowa, just about 30 mi west of Dubuque. A few of my ski buddies take an annual trip to get some skiing in and get away before we head back to school.   The lake is beautiful, like glass during the weekdays and littered with Correct Crafts of all generations! Its about 7 miles long and only as wide as a small river so it makes for some great water!

We are planning on heading up Wednesday August 5th and staying until sunday the 9th. We normally stay at the Turtle Creek Campground where there is a boat launch and camping facilities.

A map to the lake can be found here, just click on the hartwick lake link in the top left. There is aCorrect Craft Dealership located right on the lake as well. Also, check Des Moines Craigslist for cabbins on lake Delhi, I know there are a few rentals!

Just a sample pic!

Post if you are interested, It should be a good time with some great water, the more the merrier!

Chris
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 4:39pm
That would be awesome but too soon for me. Do you still ski at home in September? We need to make a footer out of you before the season is up. Since I failed you at GL twice I'll drive to IA to make it happen!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 7:23pm
Chris - Put me down, we'll make it happen!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:33am
Hollywood, we should be skiing still but not sure what my schedule will look like since I'll be back at school by then.   Might be able to make a weekend out of it, I know some mentioned another get together late in the year?

Sounds great Chris, I'll let you know if any plans change. We're looking at having around 4-5 guys up there wednesday morning! Should be a fun time!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 1:59am
Chris;

I had heard rumor of a fire at Hartwick just a week or so ago. Sounded like the whole place went up and they lost almost 40 boats (not even sure if any were CC), but I have been unable to confirm it.

Man, I wish I could get down there, would love to bring the 64 and my Dad but we have the cottage that week at Tuttle Lake in WI. If the seats get done, maybe I can talk Dad into bringing it down anyway without me to show off the new seats! He had so much fun at GL .
sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 7:56pm
Whats up Chris, looks like you're putting it together man, excellent! Wish I could join you guys but I guess I have to face work from time to time. The photo looks awesome (and warmer than our GL experience). Anyway nice to meet you and I look forward more action to next year.

Finally a 2001!!!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2009 at 3:11am
Paul, It'd be awesome if you could make it down but there's always next year. We had a great time with you guys at GL and couldn't have asked for better neighbors!      We'll take lots of pics and send them your way!

We're planning on heading out around 2 pm tomorrow, going to stop and see a buddy in Cedar Falls and then head the rest of the way! Anyone in the area or wanting to meet up feel free to give me a call!!! 515.468.8323

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 10:46am
Wow!! I'm a Lake Delhi native, my Dad still lives out there.   The Hartwick Marina is just fine. The Lake Delhi Marina satellite location(about 3 miles from the lake) burnt down. You guys should see it on your way to turtle creek. I'll be looking for you this weekend!!!
Josh
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 12:14pm
Chris,

Thanks for the heads up. Cherie and I are thinking about going up to camp Friday night. Unfortunately, my 97 is out of commission right now (muffler cracked and I'm waiting for a Y pipe to replace it with). Any chance we can get a pull from someone bringing a boat Saturday morning?

-Phil
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 6:15pm
Phil,
I have no problem pulling fellow members. I don't get to go much myself anymore so it's nice to get someone who knows a thing about pullin with me. My wife won't drive, so it's usually just the kids. They will not be with this weekend. I'll probably be workin in the am, but should be out there putting in at turtle creek between 2-4. Evening skiing is still good, not so much mid day. Also, the ski team will be back this weekend after their D2 Nationals Championship weekend last weekend so it may be a bit busy with everybody back on the lake. My rig should be easy to spot there, its the truck and boat in the feature pic. I hope we all run into each other!

- Josh
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 11:50pm
Hi Josh,

Thanks and I'd be happy to drive for you. Looking forward to seeing your boat. Will you be there Friday or just Saturday?

-Phil
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 12:24am
Phil,
Now that I have and excuse, I'll be up Friday by 5. After all, it is sort of a special occasion. (My first meeting with fellow CCF members) Then Saturday around 3. I've actually been thinking of replacing my muffler with a Y pipe, so I'm anxious to learn how yours ends up. You can give me a call at 319-929-0080.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 5:57pm
Looks like rain may have me grounded for Fri. I'll keep an eye on the forcast. Saturday for sure!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 5:57pm
Hawktique, I was at the Green Lake reunion and have read that you guys may need an in-floor muffler system or y system. I have a used one that I got from our local Correct craft dealer at his auction held after his death (CJ's marine of Prior Lake, Minnesota. I also have the black, with carpet bow stop for your style or year of Nautique for the trailer. Let me know if you have any interest. I will send pictures.

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 10:51pm
I am totally interrested. Hit me up with some pics and what you want $$$. josh.moore81@yahoo.com Thanks!
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 2:03am
Hi Josh,

Looks like a good chance for rain on Friday, but we'll be up on Saturday for sure. My cell is 319-310-7617.

Thanks,
Phil
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 10:22am
Phil & Chris - I am going to have to sit this one out. Have elderly relative visiting.

Ben Franklin
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2009 at 9:06pm
What a great time! A little bit of rain didn't hurt much at all. I had a great time skiing with Phil and Cherie. And good to meet Chris and his gang. One in Chris' boat found out car keys do not float, and unfortunately the Hawk popped an eardrum. The surprizing part was that I did it while skiing and didn't even fall footin. Great day with great people and can't wait to do it again! Now if my ear would quit bleeding...
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2009 at 1:24am
Pics???

I told my folks they should come join you guys, I don't suppose the 64 made an appearance...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2009 at 11:10pm
Well I'm just about dried out after a few wet nights but the trip was well worth it! It was great to meet Josh and see the HawkTique and see Phil and Cherie again! My buddy took most of the pics from the weekend so I'll have to wait till he sends them over to post them! I tried to take a few pics of some of the interesting boats.

I didn't see the 64 but am anxious to see those new seats in person!
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2009 at 12:45pm
Josh - Thanks again for for the skiing and afternoon boat ride. I think we did a great job dodging the rain. Looking forward to more skiing, next time on Coralville.

Chris - great to see you again, thanks for throwing out the invitation.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2009 at 2:28pm
Here are just a few pics from the weekend. My buddy still has to send some more.

After some early morning slalom sets

Home for 4 days

My spectator seat. Killing 2 birds with one stone and me throwin back some stones! (Nick had cream soda lol)

Jumping off Engine Joe

Cruisin

Boat Driver

Glass!

What better place to go on a rainy day than Wal-Mart

Back on the water

Nice Jumping Juice

Late Slalom set

The gang at the Pizza Place

On our way home from eating

Damage from Hurricane Delhi
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2009 at 3:24pm
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Hope you didn't lose to much stuff in the weather.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2009 at 3:52pm
Hey Chris, pics look great. I will inform you of one small thing.   The cliff by the dam is named Injun Joe. I forget the old tale involving it, but Injun Joe is a character out of Huck Finn, something about the law chasing him and he ran and jumped off the cliff to get away across the lake. Anyway, thats the Cliffnotes version Legend of Injun Joe.
sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 8:28pm
Looks awesome guys! That '88 is sweet Chris!
Finally a 2001!!!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 10:17pm

Hey Guys, Just got some more pics from our week at Lake Delhi. I thought I'd post some picks of a few of the CC's up there. Some look pretty familiar!

Our twin...I want to keep tabs on this one!

Older skier...not nearly as nice as Tim's but still cool!

This is used for the ski team. I was told it came as a Ski Fly boat from the factory with dual exhaust..not sure of the engine size but it sounded GREAT!

Good looking Air..

A CLEAN 70's SN. This was one of my favorites!

This was the dealers boat, was for sale a while back

Mustang, I think it was on the site for a while. Saw a couple young kids driving it one night, lucky kids!

Nice Ski Tique

Marauder...first time I'd seen one of these!

JoeinNY's twin! Not near as fast tho!

Nice looking 2001
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 10:32pm
The Ski Nautique with the dual exhaust is a Python Powered Beast. Nice collection of Nautiques in one place!
1999 Sport Nautique-Python Powered

1999 Ski Nautique-Python Powered
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 1:19am
Chris - great pictures! My boat came from Delhi. There must be 100 CC's in that 4 mile stretch. Sorry could not make your meet, it was a hectic summer for my work. Maybe next year!

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic