NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slalom courses in North Jersey

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slalom courses in North Jersey
    Posted: July-27-2009 at 11:36am
Hopefully everyone had a safe trip back from Green Lake this past week.

Like the title says, is anyone aware of a slalom course in Northern NJ. I know there is not one on lake Hopatcong and I would guess there is not one on Greenwood Lake either.

Does anyone know of any or a website that would have a list of them?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 2:27pm
I haven't found one yet...have done a lot of web searching. I would also greatly appreciate it if anyone knows if there are any courses around here. Hopefully headed over to check out Greenwood one night this week, but I haven't seen anything advertising a course there.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 4:08pm
76- If you let me know what night you are going out there I could either meet you out there with my boat or you could hop on board mine if you wanted to get in a ski.

Ive been looking for people who ski often and haven't been able to find anyone thats willing to put in the time to ski outside of weekends when the lake is super rough.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2009 at 1:27am
I could definitely be up for that - I have Sundays and Mondays off and have been looking for someone to ski/wakeboard with. My wife will go and drive the boat, but we have no spotter. I imagine the lake is super rough on the weekends so not much appeal there. Since I have the day off every Monday I could even make a Monday AM thing work - got to imagine it is pretty flat out then. Let me know if you are interested. Would definitely be up for my boat or yours...we are about 45 mins away, on other weeknights the earliest I could make it would probably be around 7pm if that could work for you.
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 9:15pm
Took the Tique to Greenwood this morning - got out on the water at 7am and it was pretty nice and glassy. By 10 am the good water was gone and we broke out the tube for a while. Still a good session - hopefully posting some video links soon of our beginner efforts at wakeboarding. I would definitely be up for going on a Monday if anyone's interested.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 10:00pm
I wish I could join you Mondays but I work Mondays.

I talked to some other skiiers on lake Hopatcong and on greenwood lake and they said that one of the only lakes in the area with a course is lake Mohawk which is a private lake with a gate in order to use the ramp. I heard Hopatcong might be getting one in front of a new house that's being built for the owner of the lakes Malibu dealership. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!   
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 11:28pm
That's great that Hopatcong may be getting a course - I have some friends with a boathouse and dock on the lake there...maybe I can bum their dock for a few weekends...

Anyway, if you're interested in doing anything Monday evenings I would definitely be up for that...most other nights unfortunately by the time I get out of work, probably too late to get out on the lake (can't get to the lake until after 7). I'd love to check out your boat, that speedo shot looks like it blows away my little old Tique :-)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 11:44pm
I could be to Greenwood lake by 6 on Mondays after I get done with work. I know the owner and some people who work at Greenwood lake marina so I could put in there. Let me know when you head out some Monday, probably not tomorrow, and I'll get my stuff together and come out
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 12:58am
Some video of last Sunday behind the Tique...beginner efforts at wakeboarding.

http://web.mac.com/madcowracing/iWeb/Site/Wakeboarding.html

We'll be back out this Sunday AM on Greenwood, early!

I would be interested in getting out this Monday evening too...
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 2:11am
Im on lake Mohawk, there is a great course there . Sparta N.J.
lonestar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 11:06am
Lonestar- If you ever need a 3rd let me know. I live in West Milford and work on Lake Hopatcong so its not a far ride to Mohawk We actually have a few customers on lake Mohawk.

Also if you wanna hook up a fellow ccf member with a lake mohawk sticker thats cool too!
lonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Lonestar- If you ever need a 3rd let me know. I live in West Milford and work on Lake Hopatcong so its not a far ride to Mohawk We actually have a few customers on lake Mohawk.

Also if you wanna hook up a fellow ccf member with a lake mohawk sticker thats cool too!

LOL ! I will get to work on it, and I always need a third, just got in from the course half hour ago and only two of us. Startin to get a little chilly out there
lonestar
offshorejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offshorejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 6:05pm
I ski a course on budd lake. There is actually 2 courses. Budd lake is a public lake, but the course is put in every year and maintained by some of the locals. I usually run my boat a few days a week. usually in the afternoon durning the week and early saturday or sunday morning.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 11:29am
Offshorejay- WELCOME! You just made your first post into one of the greatest boat websites ever created!

I thought there was a course out on budd lake but never was able to confirm it. Glad to know that there is a course available in NJ on a private lake!

Now budd lake is pretty shallow isn't it?
offshorejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offshorejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 11:07pm
yes the lake is shallow. There are a few places to watch for. the 196 does not draft very deep, so I never really run into any issues. We will have to hook up in the spring for a run of the lake
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 11:28pm
Ya we will have to hit up the lake at some point in the spring. I have been looking for a skiing partner near where I work who is a fan of skiing the course.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic