Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
William Armfield II View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Armfield II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 Correct Craft
    Posted: February-17-2004 at 9:09pm
Hey guys, I've just aquired a 1970 correct craft martinique. The only problem is the engine is blown. I want to replace it with an original engine at least the size thats supposed to be in there, since the "original" engine is blown. I actually thoguht about parting it out, but I would hate myself in the long run if I did so. So if you guys have any information as to what engine is supposed to be in there or where to find one I would love to know. Thanks
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 11:59am
chevy has the distributor in the back and ford has it in the front. if it's a chysler it won't run.

just kidding. look at the spec pages in the brochures in the reference section. what color is it?

post a picture here or in the diaries and the make can be determined.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2004 at 12:50pm
My money's on it being a 318 Chrysler. But I have no money. Since CC gave you a choice of only 162 different engine choices back then, it should be no problem narrowing it down. Joking yes, but that sure was nice having so many choices unlike today. I'm sure there were no fewer than 12 different models available, as CC offered at least 5-6 or more mfrs to choose from at that time. Mr. Armfield, how about giving us subtle clues as tyran mentioned and letting us guess as to which engine you've got, if you haven't posted photos already. Tom, are you game? Between all the members on this site, I'm sure you can answer all your questions and also come up with any parts if needed. Congrats on the acquisition.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79 CC View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79 CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2004 at 12:48am
for your motor problem I would find a jasper engine distributor and get a remanufactered motor. But you do need the old motor to send back as a core. I did this for my 1979 ski nautique and it was the cheapest way and everything his back to spec. Also they have warranties on there motors too.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2004 at 1:39am
Can you post pictures? I just rebuilt a 318 in San Diego and it was around 2K That included new block(Old one had seawater in it for 2 years)Its easier to do that than trying to match manifolds especially from that era. If it is a Crysler it is an LM block. Speed specialities in San Diego California has an extra as they machined one for me before learning I needed an M Block. The Manifolds on mine were also rotted out and all that was available were 2 used ones from Blue
Ridge Marine in Washinton State at 300 Each ( Ouch).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic