NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70's font

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70's font
    Posted: November-30-2009 at 12:48am
I'm looking for the font for the 70's boats. I tried a search but could only find the 80's fonts and the reference has only 80's and 50-60's. Any ideas?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 9:13am
Chris,
What are you planning on doing? Did you check the reference section under the heading of "1981 image file". The "Correct Craft" script in that zip file (3rd image from the top) is the one used in the 70's as well.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 2:13pm
Thanks Pete, I guess I overlooked that one. Dont worry, I'm not going to do anything dumb to any of my boats

I was approached last week about being on the security committee at our lake for next summer. They currently have a pontoon that is junk and wondered if I had any ideas for a new security boat. I was throwing around the idea of having the Skier as the new Lake Security boat next summer. In return they would help me finance finishing deck repairs and I would get a gas key for the summer!

Its a bit of a long shot but could be a cool deal! Waldo said I'd have to change my forum name to "The Sheriff"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 9:21pm
Chris - Do you get to mount a cherry on the pylon?

We might have to call you Barney at GL next year!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

We might have to call you Barney at GL next year!

Thats what I was thinking of doing! I wanted to take out my pylon and build one with a set of lights on top. I think it'd be pretty cool in the end!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 1:45am
Pete, I wouldn't refer anyone to use those reference files. They suck, they are nasty and full of bumps. Obviously you haven't used them yourself.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Pete, I wouldn't refer anyone to use those reference files. They suck, they are nasty and full of bumps. Obviously you haven't used them yourself.

Tim,
This is the second time you've brought this up. Maybe you missed it but I believe Alan explained the bumps after you mentioned them before. They are only visual on the computer monitor and don't come out when the file is used to cut the vinyl or stencil. He should know since that's his business and I think the one who donated the specific 81 file I recommended. He even had a specific name for them. Nodes??

Haven't used them myself?? The "40's to 50's" and the "70's" files I donated!! They sure don't look bumpy on my Atom or Tique.

Edit:
Tim,
I found the thread where Alan explained the issue. He did call them "nodes" and even offered to help. Alan and nodes
Did you ever take him up on his offer? He does graphics for a living!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 9:42am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Tim,
I believe Alan explained the bumps after you mentioned them before. They are only visual on the computer monitor and don't come out when the file is used to cut the vinyl or stencil. He should know since that's his business and I think the one who donated the specific 81 file I recommended. He even had a specific name for them. Nodes??

Haven't used them myself?? The "40's to 50's" and the "70's" files I donated!! They sure don't look bumpy on my Atom or Tique.

Don't worry about it Pete, they are nasty and full of bumps and I explained why but some people offer what they have to everyone for free and some people charge 3-4 times what it's worth. I'll smooth them and resend to Keith when I have some time. In the meantime if someone downloads them and don't like the way they look they can send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll refund them exactly what they paid for them.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 2:01pm
Bringing this thread back to life!

I've been toying around with the idea of adding a boot stripe to the Skier and breaking it off towards the end and adding "Security" like some of the small font 70's boats.

This would be a subtle way to mark the boat and would be removable with some wetsanding.    

I imagine CC is not quick to give up the font name used in the 70's but if anyone can help me out this would be much appreciated...

what do you guys think?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 4:15pm
I think by spring you'll change your mind about writing "Security" on your Correct Craft!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 6:49pm
Why not?! I think it would be sweet...Plus, the old man isn't too fond of having 3 CC's at the house.

Plus, we have a real problem with Jet Ski's knocking buoys off our slalom course...so what better way to fix it than becoming the law?!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 8:53pm
Ok, so what do you intend to do with your Correct Craft to keep the PWCs off the slalom course?

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 12:10am

Now Chris...after 1762 posts one would think that you might be a little more careful.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 12:25am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Now Chris...after 1762 posts one would think that you might be a little more careful.

john

Hollywood and Quinner, with a line like that and neither one of you bit at the hook .. shock/dismay/gasp .... I was gonna stay away, downhill from here
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I think by spring you'll change your mind about writing "Security" on your Correct Craft!

Chris,
Our local water authorities up north have in recent years been pulling their boat out of the water each night and parking it in front of the police station. Funny problem they were having when they were keeping it moored in the water. The boat kept sinking over night!!!! Putting "security" on the side of the boat seems like a "come and get me" advertisement.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 11:44am
Good point Pete, ours does the same.
Brian
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2010 at 4:21pm
Valid point, this one would stay in the butler building during the week and be trailered to the ramp for weekend use. People have been begging for some type of security boat as we live on a small lake and the weekends get crazy.

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 12:09pm
wouldnt one of those old veitnam gun boats be better for that job ?   
davee40
lakeland,fl
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 1:26pm
Have you seen what the "pirates" are using?
Brian
leroy5245 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leroy5245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:40pm
I would be interested in getting that file and or decals for a 78' mustang 17 baby blue. Please advise me of my options / pricing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic