Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

part wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: part wanted
    Posted: December-19-2009 at 3:06am
Ski Pylon for 86-89 Martinique
ros12705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ros12705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2009 at 6:27pm
i have one 5 foot tall with strap
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2009 at 11:17pm
I am only interested in original equipment. Does this attach to the keel stub? You have pics.? Thanks for the reply. Philip
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 10:21pm
I parted-out a 1988 Martinique and I still have the pylon.

Sam
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by psherwin psherwin wrote:

Ski Pylon for 86-89 Martinique

Not sure what the Martinique had for a pylon nor what it had for a base mount, I have a pylon out of a 92 Ski Nautique. It is original equipment Correct Craft just do not know about the Martinique. It looks like the pylon in the 89 brouchure, dont know if the height would be right.
The one I have is 39 1/4" long overall.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 11:46pm
Because the Martinique has higher sides, the pylon is over a foot longer. It is definitely not the same as a Nautique. I can send you a photo if you give me your email address.

Sam    
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 1:11am
Sam: Please send me pics. Your right, have explored Nautique pylon and they are too short. What else is left from your parting out? Thanks for your help. Philip psherwin@comcast.net
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 1:17am
FI: Thanks. Yeah, the Martinique is a deep boat. We';; see what works out w/ Sam. Philip
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 12:43pm
I have a '88(?) Martinique pylon. The question mark is because I'm not sure it's an '88 but looks like it, and the pylon is the same height and style as my '88 BFN(knob top). The bend is slighly different than what is in my boat though. I know because I tried to switch them.

Best part of the deal is that I started polishing it before I found out it wasn't plug and play. It's cleaned up with no nicks etc., but the polishing needs to be finished.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 3:03pm
If it isn't 52in. long, it's not from a Martinique. Although the BF and the Martinique are both vee-bottom boats, the Martinique has a much higher freeboard, thus requiring a longer pylon.

Sam
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 3:06pm
PS: Also, the Martinique pylon height from the floor is 36in.

Sam
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 6:11pm
The pylon I have came from this boat.
1988 BFN-sold

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 6:26pm
If you have a ring/finger pylon your keel mount is this:

A knob top pylon won't directly fit, it's keel mount is a 2.5" ID cup to fit the full diameter pylon bottom:

Disregard the grove, I believe it's used in the Super Sport v-drive application.
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 6:38pm
The Martinique pylon has a knob top and mounts to the aluminum engine cradle. The boat in the photo BFN posted is a Martinique.

I can see it now in the Buffalo newspaper, "Local man arrested for selling hot pylon"

Sam
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 7:02pm
Forum member rglover's 1986 Martinique

I did find several 1986 Martiniques with the knob top pylons, which weren't introduced on the Barefoots or the Skis until mid-way through the 1987 model year production. As we have found with several parts on these boats, not everything was certain from year to year at Correct Craft. Be very specific on what you are looking for, pictures always help!
sam57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 11:07pm
The things Correct Craft does never fails to amaze me.

Sam
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 12:57am
What happened to that poor Martinique? Was it wrecked and just abandoned?
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 1:10am
My Martinique has an inch and a half diameter pipe sticking up from and attached to the keel directly under the round whole in the floor just in front of the engine box. The pylon fits over that pipe, right? Then, the pylon passes through the brace that straddles the, stringers the engine's mounted to, right?
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 2:50am
Buffalo BFN: Can you take a pic. of the base of your pylon. It seems there are at least two applications for pylons for Martiniques that year. Mine apparently fits over a stub at the keel. Thanks, Philip psherwin@comcast.net
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 3:08am
In the pictures you kindly submitted. Is that greasy part supposed to fit in the pipe-like stub fixed to my keel? And, what's the hole for, a pin of some sort? If so, mine's a ring & finger application. Thanks, Philip
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 10:49am
This is how my BFN and the pylon and cradle in the 'abandoned ship' were set up. Another member got the cradle last summer and I still have the pylon. The set up on the 2 boats are identical...sort of.

I saw in another thread that CC went from hand turning to CNC at some point. Maybe both of these were hand turned or at least hand bent. The bend is the only difference in the 2 and it is so slight that the base was ~3/16" off of fitting into the socket after passing through the floor in my boat. The socket is a short piece of aluminum pipe welded to an aluminum plate that is glassed in. FWIW-neither of these pylons have the half round knotch in HW's photo. They are drilled for the through bolt you see in the pics.

The story behind that poor boat is in that link I posted above. Yes, it was abandoned(I suspect for the 454 I think it had in it). I originally was going to put it on my trailer and strip it...later I decided I didn't want to be the guy taking a 'problem' boat to the landfill. I bet someone there is trained to look for that sort of thing.

1988 BFN-sold

psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2009 at 4:41am
Well,Hollywood, it looks like I got a ring and finger application here. Pretty discouraging. Now I need a 5' ring & finger. Thanks for such detailed pics. Philip
W3pdx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3pdx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2010 at 3:28pm
I need a pylon for a 1988 Martinique. Is the one you had still available?
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2010 at 5:36pm
I must have bought the only one in a part-out deal. Then, I had to have it machined down to fit the mount in my '86. Good luck. If there's one anywhere, these guys on the forum will find it. They were extremely helpful in my restoration project
'86 Martinique,351 PCM
W3pdx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W3pdx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2010 at 2:15am
I don't imagine I will be fortunate enough to find a proper pylon for my 88 Martinique. Can anyone out there provide a dimensioned sketch of the pylon so I may get a machine shop to fabricate one. I have the large receptacle in the boat bottom. The frame work and even the U bolts are installed in my boat from the factory and the cutout in the floor is covered with carpet. The Martinique only came with the pylon if the customer added it as an option.
psherwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psherwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2010 at 4:42am
Actually the one I got from one of guys on the forum is the one you need. 52" long, 2" diam., a ball towline holder, and a slight bend to the aft once it clears the deck hole. Your going to have to have someone turn A solid aluminum rod, drill the hole for the mounting cup keeper and then bend it. Someone fabricates these things for CC, as I got a quote from the local dealer for about $400. Good luck.
'86 Martinique,351 PCM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic