NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wakeboarding in argentina

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wakeboarding in argentina
    Posted: February-16-2010 at 1:25am
AS said on the learning to barefoot thread i went to my frined house at the lake..nice place for all water sports..went there with Valentino in the vette...some pics of the venue....

my vette and back there is ariel MC and a 1992 SN

found this nice 89 there also..first time i ever see one fo those here...odd story how it got to argentina. I will post it later.

me boarding

conditions were perfect!!!
more to come soon
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 11:35am
Nice "Raley" there Kapla. Wish I had the nads to throw one. I tried it once and it didn't go well. When I hit the water, it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a baseball ball bat. That did it for me!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 1:01pm
that's the 89 I was looking for, any chance it goes for sale?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 4:04pm
Lucho here is the story I was told by my friend of how this boat got to argentina..I don´t know if its true or not but well here it goes...But maybe The godfather can confirm some facts.
This guy told me this boat was a gift from the owner of correct craft to a local Mormon comunity that was in the city of montegrande in Buenos Aires. Its was used in that lake some time and the it sat for a long time in the back of the community with no use. It was then tracked by someone and bought it a couple of years ago for around 10k (bargain here) but many parts were missing, such as the windshield, gauges, poor upholstery, etc. Started the rebuilt and in the middle sold it to this guy in here who finished the resto and added the tower, new decals, new dash, etc....
Engine sounds sweet!!!
that´s it.
If it goes for sale I wouldn´t know..I will as my friend to let me know eventually.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 7:35pm
hey tim I know what you mean!!!
Anyway its 70 balls 30 technique to nail a raley...its not that hard!!!
just cut very hard all the way to the wake, like trying to stop the boat..then when you hit the wake you let go and stand up..then just push the handle to your hips and down you go!!!as easy as it sounds!!!
once you got its like riding a bike you never forget how to do it!!!
I can be all the year with out boarding and the first jump I always nail a raley!!! its my signature manouver along with the front flip!!
kapla
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 8:27pm
Kapla that is one nice looking 89 any more pictures? That story of the boat fits with what the Meloon family did.

Tim I agree on the raley they can have some nasty outcomes. Once you get it wrong it takes a lot of determination to go again.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 10:26pm

WOW, you always have great pic's....

Yes, I have been told stories from Mr.Ralph when we talk about boats
that are giving away to a great cause.
So, I would yes its true.

Not many people can say that these days.

Dave
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 1:12am
Great pics Kapla. Here is my favorite picture of me busting a huge disaster to raley. Notice the Michael Jordan signature tongue out style.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 1:56pm

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 2:50pm
That is sick! Nice air and great pictures to boot. I don't think I will be doing any inverted airs anytime soon, if ever. Beautiful looking place. I would love to get down there someday. The furthest South I have ever been was the Pacific coast of Costa Rica and that is probably not even halfway to you. It is good to see some action pictures right now as we are in the depths of winter.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 3:01pm
This is my signature air. I like to get up there and bone the board backside and show everybody what kind of board I am riding, then pull it back around for a cushy landing on the wake.

1973 Skier
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 3:36pm
Way to go!!!nice flat water there!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic