Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1984 Ski Nautique 2001 backseat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tedrowtown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedrowtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1984 Ski Nautique 2001 backseat
    Posted: March-05-2010 at 6:30pm
I finally bought my first Ski Nautique last year, unfortunately the guy I bought it from apparently lost the backseat in the divorce. Anyone have a backseat laying around for a 1984 Ski Nautique 2001? I guess it is just a pad on the back and a big cushion thrown on the floor.

Thanks!!
Troy
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 2:25am
Troy,

You probably will not find one for sale. You will be better off getting the dims and making it yourself. You can look in the diaries section and get some ideas. Good luck!!
83Ski
83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 2:33am
send me an email and i will give u the dimensions of mine. its nothing more than a cushion on the floor and one on your back let me know if u still need it.
tedrowtown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedrowtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 10:07am
That would be great!! I think you guys are right, finding one seems impossible. I would appreciate you taking the time to send me the dimensions. Thanks!!

ttedrow@sauder.com

Troy
jepoole17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jepoole17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2010 at 5:12pm
Troy - I just bought an '89 2001 that also doesn't have a back seat. In my search for a seat, I found a guy located in MN that's got an '86 he's willing to part with. I think it's probably the deluxe style (wrap corners, etc) which is a little different than what you're looking for, but if you want his info I can forward his email to you.

I'm only passing on the seat because I live in TX and don't feel like trying to get it down here and then re-upholstering (which he said it will need).

- Josh
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 9:38am
Troy,
Welcome to the site... Glad to have another Northern Ohioian on board.

I'm in LaGrange (Lorain County), which is a couple hours east of you.

I'd take Josh up on his offer, and at least contact the guy.

I have the deluxe seat, and it is very comfortable. It has storage under it, too.

Here is a pic of my backseat:

If you need dimensions to, let me know.

Glen
jepoole17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jepoole17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 11:41am
Glen - I may hit you up for some of those dimensions as I try to build mine out. A fellow 2001 site member is sending me some too, but nice to have another source of information.

Troy - I emailed you my contact's info based on Glen's comment. I didn't feel comfortable posting the info publicly, but I think he'd be cool about you getting in touch with him if you go that route.

Good luck.
Josh
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 12:18pm
Josh,
Welcome to the site, too.

Anything I can do to help you out, let me know.

Glen
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 1:17am
this is a thread on what I did on my 82 that came without a back seat. Personally I do not like the big cushion, as it is a pain to step in and out when skiing. I guess that is why some folks ordered the boats without a rear seat.

82 rear seat
89skiark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89skiark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 8:21pm
Josh,
I too have an 89' with deluxe rear seating. I somehow lost the large middle cushion (that I had actually just gotten repaired) in a storm. Do you have the dimensions of your back seat ?

Also, could you put me in contact with the guy up in Minnesota ?
jepoole17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jepoole17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:42am
89skiark - I actually don't have a back seat yet, but did get the dimensions for the bench portion just the other night. If you'll send me an email (jepoole17@gmail.com) I can forward you the file that has dimensions tonight, as well as the MN contact info.

Glen - the file I got is pretty thorough, but I'm hoping to get a few pics of the different pieces to help give me the "full" picture before I build. If you (or anyone else) have a few minutes, would you mind snapping a few pics of the bench seat components? I'd like to get a couple shots of the backing structure of each of the cushions, as well as the support/base, with at least one base shot that shows the base "profile". I'm not sure how easy that last one will be, but this is the piece of the seat diagram that is least clear to me, so here's hoping...

- Josh
bigboyrobles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboyrobles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 9:22pm
I have a 1989 back seat I might sell it, I live in Mexico, the vynil is in bad shape, I have a partner on the boat, I can tell him to sell it, what how much do you offer for it?
boater86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boater86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2010 at 8:13pm
Josh,

That's exactly what were looking for. We have an 86 with no backseat. Do you still have contact info for the guy in MN? We just found this website in our search for a back seat. We need to have the seats before we can purchase skins from Christines. If you have his info, please email me at lsjh84@bellsouth.net
We sure would appreciate any help.
Steve
jepoole17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jepoole17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:03am
Steve - email sent. Have no idea whether or not he's still got it or what he's asking, good luck with the search.

- Josh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic