Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 Ski Nautique Seat Brackets

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Vancouver Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 Ski Nautique Seat Brackets
    Posted: March-25-2010 at 7:45pm
Hello,

I am looking for new or used steel seat brackets for the retractable set that allows access to the bow.

I have a 1989 Ski Nautique 2001

Regards,

Matthew
Matthew
83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 2:44am
i have a set from my 83. they are the male/female type. send me an address and u can have them, i dont need them. just donate a few dollars to the site.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 5:32pm
That is really awesome. Thank you. I will donate some dollars to the site for sure!

Matthew Viney
2776 Granville Street
Vancouver, Canada
V6H 3J3

Matthew
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 6:11pm
An 83 wouldn't have the same hardware as an 89.

Matthew, you need the hinges for the observer seat backrest?
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 6:43pm
Matt-

I will have a set available in a couple weeks.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 10:39pm
Hi Tim,

That's great. Please keep me informed. What State are U in?

Regards,

Matthew
Matthew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 10:41pm
Oh 83 is different?

Yes, I need the one's for the observer's seat.

Regards,

Matthew
Matthew
83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 2:37am
OK well if they will work let me know. Feel free to call. 4434970063. Thought I would try to help. Tale care
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 2:33am
Hollywood, Do you have a photo of the 'Correct' observer seat hinges?

I have just removed the observer's seat backrest ('89 Ski) during my wet sanding project and noticed I most likely I have some "Jerry Rigged" observer seat hinges.

Does any one have a photo of the "correct" observer seat hinges for a late 80's - 1989 Ski Nautique?

Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 12:58pm
Well I won't be able to snap some pics until the weekend. Post what you have and I'll tell you if it's factory. You might be surprised!
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 2:03pm
These are factory 88, should be the same as the 89. Honestly, I'm going to swap them out for a piano hinge, the factory ones are idiotic. They're a pita to use and barely give you enough room to get to anything in the bow. I won't be getting rid of them though, I keep all my factory parts.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 2:08pm
That bottom pic would be a lot better w/o the pylon in it.

I've toyed with the idea of a gullwing conversion like the early 90s but haven't had the time or motivation. The original setup defintely could be improved upon in many ways.
83ski2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 10:28pm
yeah sorry man i thought u needed the floor brackets the allow the whole seat to flip forward. sorry i couldnt help ya

if anyone does need a set of these brackets, i have 2 sets of them left over. if anyone wants them let me know and just donate a few bucks to the site. thanks
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 4:39pm
Hollywood,

Check these out are these the factory observer seat brackets for an '89? I am suspicious since the seat bracker mounting hardware was not stainless steel and the machine screws seemed way too long for through bolt mouting to the bracket(s) and the deck. Thanks.

1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 1:13pm
Those definitely look original. Perhaps someone changed some of the fasteners along the way, or the factory was running low on their SS supply. The threaded rods on the corner pieces are indeed long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 4:28pm
Hello Tim (Behind Propeller)!

Any news on the seat brackets for the 1989 Ski Nautique? I just received my upholestry back and I'm excited to do the install.

Take Care,

Matthew
Matthew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 5:03pm
Matt-

Shoot me an email. tim.cochrane@gmail.com

I will have them made on Monday of next week.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 7:07pm
Hi Tim,

The e-mail kept bouncing back to me....twice. Maybe you're in-box is to full?

Are you making these pieces up or do you have a set? How much do you want for them and are they the same as the observer's seat brackets on the 1989 Ski Nautique 2001?

Regards,

Matthew
Matthew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancouver Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 5:40pm
Any news Tim?
Matthew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 7:13pm
Matt-

I fixed the address.

Do you have specific parts you need or the whole assembly.

Mine are all bent. I plan on making new ones on our cnc mill.

Tim

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 8:27pm
If anybody else needs the brackets that attach to the seat back because they are bent please email me tim.cochrane@gmail.com or 330-461-2751

Tim

a.jones_asu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.jones_asu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 5:17am
Hi if anyone know where i could find some seat brackets i would appreciate any info also. I am new to the site and always wanted a ski nautique so i am buying an 83 model this month. the boat had the back seat and the driver seat but i didn't see the pole in the center either. i would like to have that also if anyone knows where to find one or how hard the install would be, maybe some one know someone that does good upholstery work for these boats. like i said any information is appreciated.
SN89Russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN89Russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 12:45am
I recently bought an 89 SN 2001 which is missing the observer seat hardware. Does anyone know the exact measurements of the a brackets, so I can make the pieces needed to mount the back rest?

Thanks
Russ
Russ
gsmith795 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmith795 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 10:46pm
Reviving this email chain as my brackets are bending and starting to fail. Anyone have some spares?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic