Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Financing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bnhbutts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnhbutts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Financing
    Posted: April-05-2010 at 6:35pm
Can anybody recommend a good financing company for buying a boat? and what is a good rate right now?
Bob B.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 9:55pm
Bob,
If you do some searching, you'll find this topic has come up and discussed at length. The consensus has always been you don't what to finance "toys" especially in todays economic conditions. Take a look at the number of boats out there for sale. Many are hurting!! Many are even bank repos!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bnhbutts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnhbutts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 4:03pm
Pete,

Thanks for the advice. I am personally able to finance a boat right now and I didn't see any conversations on financing that was readily apparent on the forum. If you can point me to a place to find repos for cheap, then I am all ears. The question remains if anyone knows of a good place from which to finance a boat. Thanks.

Bob
Bob B.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 7:26pm
If you are perfectly capable of financing your boat, I would have to think that your own bank would be the best place to start. They would know as well as you if you are able to do so, and offer a competetive rate.
I am with Pete though on this one.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

bnhbutts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnhbutts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 7:32pm
Guys - thanks for the comments. I am already working with a bank on a loan, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to do so that specifically works on boat loans that would be apart from the normal means. I appreciate the input.
Bob B.
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 7:56pm
Nowhere I know of specializes in boat specific loans. I've always gotten best the rates by going through my local credit union as opposed to the local bank. Might be worth checking into a membership if you dont already have one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic