Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winshield Bolts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shum8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shum8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winshield Bolts
    Posted: May-27-2005 at 1:46am
My windshield on my 77 Ski is in need of being removed and new bolts (or screws) installed. How do these screws attach to the alum on the bottom of the windshield? And can I buy these at the local hardware store? Also is there supposed to be weather stripping between the windshield and the fiberglass? Thanks
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2005 at 1:28pm
A '77 CC uses "T" bolts to hold the windshield in place. I suggest you purchase them from CC. You must remove the windsheild entirely to replace just one.

Remove the nut(s) and washer(s) from below deck. Lift the windshield from the deck. Slide the old T bolts from the bottom channel of the windshield (there will be openings in the channel that will let the T bolts come out of the channel). Replace all T bolts, line them up the holes in the deck, replace the foam seal (I used foam weatherstripping from Home Depot) and reinstall the windshield.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 8:05pm
You can also get them from west marine or boat us if you have one around you, as they are actually a common part used by the marine industry.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 12:16am
go to taylor-made marine parts they still make the t bolts. The part number is there order them thru boat us
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2005 at 8:40am
I need those too.... thanks guys
neal.west View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neal.west Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 2:42pm
I'm probably too late but the t-bolts that hold a toilet bowl to the floor were the same bolts holding my '80 SN windshield on. I picked them up at Lowe's for cheap and replaced all of them and the weather striping for under $10.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic