Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hour meter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hour meter
    Posted: February-27-2004 at 8:19pm
Does anyone know of a way to reset the hour meter. I'm putting a new engine in and would like to know the hours on it without having to subtract the current hours or getting a new gauge. Don't care if your a marine mechanic or an educated idiot I can decide if it is usefull information or not.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2004 at 6:48pm
if you can take it apart without trashing the benzel, just take all the gears off(numbers wheels) and slide them back on set to zero. or leave it hooked up to a battery for a year till it swings back to zero.

i would leave the old one in the dash to show the hours the boat has been run and stick a new one in the engine compartment.

my hour meter in the 72 is tucked under the dash with a depth gauge in the hole. pretty hard to check without a flashlight.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2004 at 1:48pm
Okay, this is tounge-in-cheek. Hook it up to a 12v battery backwards, would only take 41 days to run 1000 hours back to 0.

Seriously, as Tom said, I would install a new one in the engine bay and leave the original alone. The wife wants the gauges replaced in her SN so I will be relocating the existing hour meter to the engine area.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic