Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong Carb??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong Carb??
    Posted: May-24-2010 at 3:58pm
Just another item that showed up on my radar of "botched" upgrades from the previous owner ('90 Ski Nautique, 351 PCM). I have identified that I have a Holley 0-80508S 750 CFM carb. I believe it's overkill, not to mention not a marine type. My boat runs fine as far as I can tell, but I WILL be changing out the carb when the bank account allows. From what I've seen, a Holley 0-80319-1 (600 CFM calibrated for a 351).

On a side note, I would like to do a head/cam/intake swap in the future, so a carb compatible with that would be great. Also, used would not bother me in the least.

Let me know your thoughts/questions. Or if you may have a stock carb around.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 4:21pm
GT40P heads will definitely wake up that boat. I suggest an edelbrock performer intake.

The carb may be overkill, at 7540 cfm, but it should only pump as much gas as it needs to into the motor. As far as not being a marine carb, there are only a few major differences that make a marine carb different than an automotive one. the main difference is that the marinized one will have J tubes to put gas down the throat of the carb in case any excess comes out of the bowls. You can add those to your carb. DIM sells these for like 8 dollars each. The other difference is that the base of the carb with the plates on it has sealed shafts. Other than that, it is all automotive stuff really.

Mine had a fully Non marine car one on it for years with no issues.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 11:58pm
I wouldn't put non-marine anything on the fuel system of my boat. You can get a new holley carb tuned for the 351 from the dim for 450 bones if you use the ccfan promo code. I just got one last week and am very proud to have a new one.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:13am
Marine carb doesnt have a warm up fast idle adjustment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic