Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning your carpet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning your carpet
    Posted: June-03-2005 at 1:15pm
I guess it is in this forums somewhere!!!!
But what is the BEST stuff to clean your boat carpet with.....I got a few bad places to clean.And don't want to discolor it anywhere..
Its gray.........Should I just presserwash it or what!!!!!.any Ideals
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2005 at 2:27pm
Not too creative, but I just use one of those
carpet cleaners you rent at the hardware store. Has always worked great! Bad news is that I always get stuck cleaning at least one room in the house "as long as you already have
the machine anyway."

BKH
Livin' the Dream

80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2005 at 8:44am
Just don't get it dirty. I guess if it just happens to get dirty then spray it with a car wash wand, but don't use soap unless you are really going to rinse it. If you don't get all the soap out then it will grime up. let it dry and then vacuum it.
scomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2005 at 1:39pm
Rocco,
    I use my pressure washer and just regular dawn dish detergent, for mildew I use ZEP mildew remover, And as for this good ole georgia red clay we have down south I use OXI CLEAN. but the pressure washer is definitely the way to clean, It down matter who you are and how clean and careful you think you are with your boat, you'll be suprised at what comes out of your carpet when you use a pressure washer.
SCOMER
Rocco View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2005 at 12:45pm
OK Thanks,,,I was thinging on using my pressure washer...Its not too Bad...But needs Cleaning!!!.........
DJ77skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ77skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2005 at 3:42am
i use simple green it is non toxic and will not discolor anything
mastract View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by scomer scomer wrote:

Rocco,

I use my pressure washer and just regular dawn dish detergent, for mildew I use ZEP mildew remover, And as for this good ole georgia red clay we have down south I use OXI affordable Carpet Cleaning Surrey. but the pressure washer is definitely the way to clean, It down matter who you are and how clean and careful you think you are with your boat, you'll be suprised at what comes out of your carpet when you use a pressure washer.

Hello,

How to clean the car roof upholstery??
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 1:54pm
Mastract - not really our cup of tea on this site so to speak.    if you have vinyl type "landau"top, then i would use some simple green or the like with a soft scrub brush.   if you have a convertible top that is sunbrella or canvas of sort, just regular car soap should work.   protect your vinyl top after scrubbing with some 303 protectant.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 9:16pm
303 makes a convertible top cleaner,   I used it to clean my bimini top and it worked pretty good, Did not get everything off, but it did get most of it.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic