NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Speed Runs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake Speed Runs
    Posted: June-28-2010 at 10:22am
Hey Gang, We’ve decided to “Officially” add the “Fastest Boat” speed runs to the Green Lake Reunion Agenda this year and we’ve been kicking around some ideas to get everyone involved in the action.

We came up with a format that we hope will bring a little excitement (if watching a 400hp Ski Nautique fly by at 57+ mph isn’t exciting enough) to the event.

The speed runs will take place on Saturday afternoon in Norwegian Bay during the raft up.

1. The format will allow for up to 3 runs for each contestant.

2. A run will consist of one pass in each direction on a designated straight path. The path is to be determined by water conditions and boat traffic but we intent to run parallel to the reeds in viewing distance to the boat raft up.

3. All runs will be GPS recorded.

4. After each run, the boat owner or operator must either accept or reject the speed. If he accepts the speed that will end any further attempts at increasing their speed later in the day. If he rejects the speed the boat will have until the end of the afternoon session (4pm) to make additional attempts at posting a faster speed.   There will be a maximum of 3 attempts per boat allowed.

5. Once a speed is rejected it will be disallowed from the competition and cannot be used later even if it is faster than later attempts. This is not the best of three runs, times will be recorded based on which run the owner/operator accepts.

We’re hoping this format will add some excitement and strategy to the speed runs. Participants will be allowed the time to tune, time, change spark plugs, change props, add or remove ballast, etc between runs to better advance their speed. By having to accept or reject your speed one could possibly put up their best speed on their first attempt but forfeit it by trying to improve it So let the drama begin.

Bring your tool boxes and top secret tuning tricks, See ya there!

Note: For the sake of safety and conformance to the lake patrols desires these rules could be ammended at any time.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 12:10pm
Or, you could lay down a good run, and use the tools to sneak around tweak the other guys boats.    Oh, the controversy. I can feel the tension already.

Wish I could be there. Always next year.

Enjoy.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 2:00pm
might also want to add the distance and time to it. Ancor down a boat at the begining of the course and end of the course, then let them run out to max speed. Just a thought that way it might incorporate the hole shot aspec to the run so Tim has a chance at some kind of bragging rights.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

might also want to add the distance and time to it. Ancor down a boat at the begining of the course and end of the course, then let them run out to max speed. Just a thought that way it might incorporate the hole shot aspec to the run so Tim has a chance at some kind of bragging rights.

Yeah but too much hassle. I actually thought of dropping in some slalom bouys and setting up a timed course to throw in handling and acceleration. Now that might even the playing field but I'm sure Barney would have a field day with us. We'll be pushing the issue as it is.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 2:48pm
bouy's yes they'll draw attention, a boat floating not so much, and the people in the boat at the end could wave/drop a flag to start them, while watching out for barney, then they record the time, then who is in the boat with the GPS can record top speed. That way not to much for one person to record data. Just a thought
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 3:40pm
Djeez, when I read the title, I immediatly thought it would be a contest on how fast one could hoist a pint...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Djeez, when I read the title, I immediatly thought it would be a contest on how fast one could hoist a pint...

Kristof,
Don't worry as I feel there will be some speed runs in that area as well!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 7:01pm
Alan, pretty cool to make these runs an official event- they make for some good fun for a bunch of us, whether driving, riding or just watching.

While the format certainly makes it a more sporting event, I have to say that any rules that might allow a slower boat to reign supreme due to "strategy" would be kind of a bummer. Id be a proponent of a simple format- if you can make the GPS read highest, you win. Just my 2 cents!

Chris, no worries- the holeshot queen isnt making the trip this year, so dont make any concessions for me. Just dont go adding any obstacle courses, the BFN handles like a barge!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 9:24pm

Kristof, Thats Saturday night,however pratice starts Friday
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Kristof, Thats Saturday night,however pratice starts Friday

I thought practice starts Thursday?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:01pm
The professionals pace themself Pete
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:32pm
One way or another I think it will be fun for all.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 1:28am

any handicaps?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 5:00am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

While the format certainly makes it a more sporting event, I have to say that any rules that might allow a slower boat to reign supreme due to "strategy" would be kind of a bummer. I'd be a proponent of a simple format - if you can make the GPS read highest, you win. Just my 2 cents!

I second that motion...
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 5:01am

The professionals pace themself Pete

On the other hand... "Practise makes perfect"

800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2010 at 1:17am
Any breakdowns for classes? Like for the old 16ft Mustangs, Ski Tiques and such?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2010 at 1:51am
There should be,there must be a way to give the newer boats a chance
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 8:48pm
Actually it seems like all the classes of boats are rather even with the the bigger boats with bigger engines running as fast or faster than the smaller, lighter boats. And Gary winks his eye, as he knows at least one or two new stock boats are almost as fast as the handful of hopped-up classics.

Will there be cheerleaders there, or maybe a Miss Norweigian Bay to give the winner a big wet kiss?       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Will there be cheerleaders there, or maybe a Miss Norweigian Bay to give the winner a big wet kiss?       

I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be one of the "raised on butter fat in the dairy state locals" !!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 9:46pm
Yea but Pete as our great Northern Illinois sage Quinner says they are all fun but don't let your friends see you. So it might all just work out
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 9:52pm

Yea but Pete as our great Northern Illinois sage Quinner says they are all fun but don't let your friends see you. So it might all just work out

And I've never had to ride a Moped!!! We'll give the pleasure to CQ but of course I don't think he'd ever come in close on the speed runs!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2010 at 1:07pm
Yeah, Quinner's boat is as slow as his sense of humor. Heaven forbid though, that we ever have a stereo contest.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Yeah, Quinner's boat is as slow as his sense of humor. Heaven forbid though, that we ever have a stereo contest.

Reid,
Joe would more than likely take out both.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 10:09am
Joe has the loudest stereo I've ever heard. It's even much louder than his exhaust and it sounds good, too!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 10:30am
I confirm... Quinner has the loudest stereo and he makes sure they can hear it on the whole lake .
The guy is just a party animal!

LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 10:44am

And that is coming from an authority on the subject......
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 10:46am

Look who's talking!! It will be interesting next year when you bring Chantel over with you. Will she put you on a leash???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 12:08pm
Nope Pete, she won't... She'll just roll with her eyes when I'm at it again...
In the morning she'll just laugh at me having a headache

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic