NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Different engine combos and power

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by horkn horkn wrote:

Good luck trying to find a set of manifolds for a FE though.

Luck?? 352,390 and 427 manifolds

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:35pm

Would you like the link to the web site to buy new polish header style manifolds, DA they have been available for over ten years and counting.

damn Pete that's not even the site I was referring too you mean they have more than one option to source who would have known
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:39pm
Good, they are available then. He still would be better off building up his Windsor.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:40pm

They don't use the same manifolds.

I'm glad someone very nicely informed me that there were FE's that were marinized, and even used by CC.

Granted it is going to hurt the wallet but they are out there, glenwood marine would be a source for new ones.. Reid and Matt over at race city marine are dealers (as maybe others but they are the ones I know for sure) and last I know go2marine.com had some available as well. A few weeks ago Reidp was quoting me an article talking about relatively low dollar FE stroker kits and short blocks so I have had my eyes on a few things lately just in case I was ever to see a 352 powered boat go by..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Would you like the link to the web site to buy new polish header style manifolds, DA they have been available for over ten years and counting.

damn Pete that's not even the site I was referring too you mean they have more than one option to source who would have known

Glen-L polished aluminum header style logs

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 3:17pm
or maybe on ebay for a good price.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 7:42pm
Good info guys.. When I get ready to buy one, I am looking for a more easy to transform over to another big block ford. Where I dont have to do a complete overhaul on everything. Keep it orginal for the better part, and keep it reliable. Just add more bone stock power, from like a 351 versus a 460.. Add maybe a few things here and there, but making the boat do 70 is not in my ballpark. But if as some of you say, I love the 351 Ford PCM. It is a really good and strong motor. If bumping up is too difficult and ingnorant, I will just stick with what I got.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic