NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTF

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTF
    Posted: July-06-2010 at 9:55pm
Well after all you guys told me not to I sent my tranny to the local tranny shop but they cant find a rebuild kit for it. they told me they couldnt find any serial numbers on it and they have taken pics and sent them to a bunch of boat guys and still no luck. the motor is a 1968 260 ford interceptor. any advice would be appreciated its been 3 weeks and i want my boat back dammit HELP
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:09pm
Jason,
The trans problem came up 2 years ago! Correct? (I briefly went back to some of your old threads)

So you took it to a automotive trans shop??? STOP RIGHT NOW! Listen to us now and send it off to Eric. What were you hoping to gain? A marine trans has nothing in common with a automotive except it uses the same trans fluid in most cases.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:30pm
the guy workin on it has been in business 25 years and has done boat trannys. im not really worried about the quality of the work but i need some parts
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:33pm
yes it did happen 2 years ago doesnt seem that long though
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by JayR JayR wrote:

the guy workin on it has been in business 25 years and has done boat trannys. im not really worried about the quality of the work but i need some parts

And he can't find the parts??? WTF!!!!! And you don't worry about the quality???? WTF!!!!! He's been in business for 25 years???? WTF!!!!! You still haven't answered my question - why did you avoid our advice and take it to this guy? BTW, did you just find out he can't find parts for it after 2 years???
Sorry, but I really don't feel it's his problem but yours! - yes this is being harsh but review what has happened. what you've done about it and NOT taken our advice. Is this trans guy some kind of relative and You feel you "owe" him something??? WTF!!!!! You haven't answered my question - what were you hoping to gain????

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:55pm
i just didnt want to send it to what is it ohio but i wish i did now
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 10:59pm
WTF? Pete going off. LOL.

Waldo
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:06pm

i just didnt want to send it to what is it ohio but i wish i did now

Ok, What's the problem with Ohio??? So far, you're logic is way "off base"! And answer my questions about this supposed trans shop!!! Once again, I'm sorry for being harsh but you truly need to to do some thinking about this one.
BTW, I'm trying to avoid you getting absolutely ripped by Chris in the morning!! What you have told us so far is getting to the point of not making good judgement calls. If you're on a budget, Eric is the way to go!!!

Yes, tell me your fobia about people in Ohio??

Hey John (j bear), besides Eric,are there "weird" people in Ohio?? It looks like Jason has a problem with Brustuctany (sp???)

Jason.
fill in the detail's! Don't "WTF" us unless you have a valid issue.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:12pm
Pete settle down. Go grab the neighbors water bong and chill on the dock for a few minutes.

Waldo
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:16pm
Pete,
I got to meet you some how? lol
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:21pm
im impatient thought id have it back in a week i can just call them and tell them too put it back together im comin to get it. i havent worked on it in 2 years cause when it broke i was unemployed and broke and the next summer i was workin full time and goin to night school from march till december so the boat sat
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:46pm
since im sure eric will read this and shake his head ill have to ask you for your number again so i can get your shipping info
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Waldo Waldo wrote:

Pete settle down. Go grab the neighbors water bong and chill on the dock for a few minutes.

Waldo

It's been many a year since I've done that!!! No dock to do it ether - I'm at home in northern Il.!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2010 at 11:56pm

since im sure eric will read this and shake his head ill have to ask you for your number again so i can get your shipping info

Fantastic Finish Marine

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Pete,
I got to meet you some how? lol

Lee,
We will one of these days!! The desire is mutual.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JayR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 12:02am
thanks
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 12:14am
   Pete = wtf   weep tit foriginal?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 12:57am
Good choice to send it to Eric. Back in the early '80s I took a VW to aamco to replace a torque converter seal.How could you screw that up? One month,$5000 and a trip on a tow truck to the VW dealer,I had my car back. Moral is go to the people who know.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 11:12am

Well after all you guys told me not to I sent my tranny to the local tranny shop but they cant find a rebuild kit for it. they told me they couldnt find any serial numbers on it and they have taken pics and sent them to a bunch of boat guys and still no luck.

WTF they can't find the id tag or know the type of transmission they are working on just from looking at it. If you can'f identify the damn unit how the hell are you going to know how to fix it? who's manaul do you refer to, Ford's

Hell you could have order the parts from Eric or Skidim , BTW it's not a car tranny, they don't make kit's like they do for cars, but they sale replacment plates and clutches, damper's, bearings and seals through several sources. foolish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 11:20am
Jason,
By chance, is the trans a Dearbomatic? I'll do a search. There are several pictures of the trans on site.

Here's Bruce's Dearbo on his Interceptor 6.

If you do have the Dearbo, you had better call Eric before you ship it to him.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic