Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Working on 292

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Glassic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working on 292
    Posted: June-09-2005 at 8:52pm
Ok, summer is finally here in the "normally frozen north". I'm enjoying my 1980 Century Resorter on the lake... and since the shop isn't freezing cold anymore... it time to really get started on my '63 Ski Nautique project.

I spent last evening scraping paint that looked like it had been put on by someone with a broom .

The boat has a 292 Ford Interceptor in it. Same block as the 312. Anybody have any resources on these motors? Web sites, etc? Any advise from those that have worked on this motor? I might try the work myself.

but... I have been thinking about taking it to a pro shop and having it bored out to 312, and perhaps a different cam for some more horse power. Any thoughts? I am not sure if I should go for it or not.   

It will be getting a 4 barrel intake and a modern carb (has carter side drafts now... trouble I don't want).

What do you think?

Pictures and a diaries section for this boat coming soon.

Thanks!
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2005 at 9:03pm
Try these folks for advice on the old Y-blocks
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56
It is Ford truck site but there is tons of knowledge and the people love to share it.
Bob Ed
83 2001
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2005 at 9:24pm
Try this site also: http://www.ford-y-block.com/
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic