Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steering cable siezed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lacourj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacourj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steering cable siezed
    Posted: July-21-2010 at 12:23am
1999 Sport Nautique; Boat was not used for two months during maintenance for new interior and new risers and manifolds.
The steering wheel will not turn the rudder now. I assume the cable is siezed. Does it need to be replaced or is there another solution?

Looks like in order to access the cable connection at the rudder, the fuel tank needs to be removed to remove the balast tanks to remove the floor board. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 1:03pm
There always seem to be lots of problems with theses cables on newer boats. I don't know if they are undersized or inferior quality. Both my 64 and 77 have the originals and show no signs of locking up.

Some have tried to adapt a rubber hose with fiitings over one end and then force lubricate through the cable but replacement is the best option.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic