Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raising 6000 oysters on the Chesapeake bay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raising 6000 oysters on the Chesapeake bay
    Posted: September-10-2010 at 11:28am
My uncle is raising 6,000 oysters in the creek in front of his home on the bay. They have to be cleaned (powerwashed to remove silt / silt promotes disease and parasites) every 3-4 weeks but unfortunatly he had foot surgery in June. Wifey and I have been driving the 85 miles to the coast and cleaning the oysters for a few months now. Uncle snapped a few pics now that we can get him out of the house.

Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 10:46pm
Michael, that's great! Where's your Uncle located?
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 1:17am
Oh, those are the cutest oysters I have ever seen! Those little darlings!! I bet they are slippery in the shower! I understand they are the most intelligent of all the mollusks!
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 11:19am
will be heading to the local fish store for a couple hundred middlenecks later, maybe some mussels too
"the things you own will start to own you"
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 12:14pm
Eric, sounds like you're going to need a good cold case of longnecks too.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 12:23pm
i wish i could get a hold of some of those yinglings, i think that's the spelling, but beer is in the equation....smart cookies wait for the wife to take the kids to CCR Sunday school, and then boogies for beer...I was thinking some Groelsh flip tops
"the things you own will start to own you"
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 1:02pm
Those flip tops are getting tough to find down here...Used to buy those when I was younger because none of my buddies could stand the taste so they wouldn't drink it! Good Stuff IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic