NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iPod connection

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scottsims1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iPod connection
    Posted: October-05-2010 at 5:10pm
I am trying to locate my iPod connector. I have an 05 ski/air 206 limited with the clarion indash and the remote on the driver dash. I have seen that these are standard on my boat, can someone tell me where it is at?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 5:59pm
Should be (2) RCA jacks in the glove compartment, you will need a cable to connect the IPod to the RCA's. Be sure the cable is long enough to reach the helm if you have the factory deck since you will only be able to manipulate the IPod from the IPod itself.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 9:52pm
   What Quinner said.
   + there are two cables that go from the AUX IN jacks on the back of the radio to the jacks mounted in the glovebox. I unplugged my jacks in the glovebox and ran an RCA cord directly off the back of the stereo & all the way around the bow and over to the drivers seat so I could plug my Ipod in over there instead of having to get into the glovebox to use it, or having a cord hanging out of the glovebox and draped across the boat over to the helm.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 12:52am
Has anyone tried installing the USB type connection. My Ipod jacks in the glove box and by the throtle have always seemed loose and the connection has never been good. I'm told the USB type has much better fidelity anyways?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 3:56am
I'm running out of the bottom of the iPod to a line driver then to an amp. The signal is clear and loud, there is no adjustment on the ipod for it, so you have to have some way to control it.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 9:01am
I would like to replace the RCA or headphone like jacks with the USB type, but do not know how.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 10:33am
Ryan, this is what I'm using.    I have it wired to the breaker on the dash that turns on the stereo which is also my amp turn on lead and it is grounded to the amp ground at the battery. It will charge and play from the bottom of an ipod, and also has a headphone jack. If you have a usb input on your stereo you should be able to run directly to your player, but without the correct interface you would have to work it by hand instead of through the deck and the remotes. You should be able to try that out with the cable you have going to the computer now, and then figure out what size you need in the boat later.                        

Powered iPod Cable
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 1:48pm
Link won't work.
AllianceBJJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllianceBJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 7:15pm
All I can contribute is that it's great to have it set up to plug into the bottom of the ipod...charges and lets you control it from the helm and transom remote...wish I could be more help, but Scream Marine did my whole system...
2013 G23

2012 SANTE 230 - sold

2011 SANTE 230 - Sold

2010 SANTE 210 - sold

2006 SANTE 210 - sold
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 9:33pm
Scream Marine are the guys who can't seem to gix it, even though there are the ones who did the initial install.
AllianceBJJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllianceBJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2010 at 10:34pm
They pulled the RCA's that I already had in mine from the factory and the 3.5 jacks..All I have now is a plug that goes into the bottom of my ipod in the glove box....
2013 G23

2012 SANTE 230 - sold

2011 SANTE 230 - Sold

2010 SANTE 210 - sold

2006 SANTE 210 - sold
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 12:09am
I fixed my link if anyone else is interested.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic