Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need (Want) Two white faced early 70's Airguides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need (Want) Two white faced early 70's Airguides

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

I just confirmed with the art guy today. I'm going to take the face of one of mine and send it to him. I'm glad to do the same with yours. How many do you have? He made it seem like it was a no-brainer. Why don't we complete the process with this one first to make sure it's actually what we need?

Sounds good to me John- let me know how it goes.

Have you cracked into one of these before? Theyre fairly simple- but the faces dont easily detach (theyre rivited on)... you may need to send him the whole assembly to scan.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 5:33pm
Oh. Thanks for the heads-up. I have not cracked one open yet. One of the faces on the 72 (on the dog house) is practically falling off, so I thought they would come out easy. I may just send the whole assembly.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 5:36pm
Are the faces you have also still part of the assembly or could you send them detached? Do you have the ability to do an accurate scan? They can probably work from a scan, but I wanted them to have the actual part so they can be sure to get it exactly right.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 5:47pm
You know, I havent cracked open one of my newer ones (plastic housing)... so Im not sure how those are assembled yet. I have the black faced "Correct Craft" script logo face, and the 2 versions of the white faced ("Correct Craft" and "Nautiques") that I figured would be of use to some people.

If they come apart, the scanner at work might be sufficient- Ill report back with what I find!

I also have one of the gray faced (late 60's to very early 70's) in a metal housing that I assume is rivited on... so that one would be trickier.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 7:55pm
Does anyone know if the original faces were white or an off-white? Pete?

I've never seen one of these early models that was truly white.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 11:48pm
I'm looking for a new white face for mine as well, speedo works ok but the face is cracked.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 7:57pm
John....I dug mine up and it's in ok shape....the chrome is more pitted than I remember...anyway I can take a pics and you can see for yourself.

Chuck...guess what I have a the glass. Do you need that or the white face?
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 8:01pm
Stang

What I really need is the face . . . chrome good, glass good, but the bottom part of the face actually cracked and broke off.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 8:30pm
Here are some pics.

Chuck one pic shows the other speedo(for parts)that face plate seems solid but has a small crack near the 'M' in kilometers...it might be better than yours!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2010 at 1:42am
Thanks Gary. Mine look about like yours (maybe a little better on the chrome). I appreciate you digging them out.

Chuck,

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the vinyl faces. The artist has one of mine originals now and hopefully we'll have a file to send to the printer's soon. Gary's face plate with the crack in it might work for you when we get the vinyl to lay over it. As long as it's still a flat surface.

Greg,

I emailed you back, but have not heard from you. Did you get my email?

john at compassresearchgroup d o t com

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic