NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

07 196 CC Engine problems

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 07 196 CC Engine problems
    Posted: October-31-2010 at 11:55pm
Sounds like a fuel issue to me. I'm not too up to speed on the fuel systems on earlier boats but I'm sure someone will be able to chime in.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2010 at 11:32pm
I just ran into simmilar issues and it turned out to be small dirt particles in my carberator.   Apparently, dirt can get in there and cause gas to flood the carb and run rich.

Others here may be able to describe this better than me.
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
nice35off View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice35off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2010 at 11:27pm
I've got an 07 Nautique 196 with 650 hrs giving me problems. Earlier this year it was cutting out while driving at speed and when slowing down, so I replaced the cap and rotor and that seemed to fix it. 2 months later it started doing it again but not as bad, but the motor is now making the wrong noise when accelerating, a much lower and throatier sound and it's producing a lot more exhaust than normal even at idle. Any Ideas? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic