Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clinton Spring 2011?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2011 at 11:22pm
well, it seems like we are all still here, sorry doomsdayers...

Todd, Mark   any luck today?    we had rain and pea sized hail this afternoon     hope it didn't get to you guys if you were out
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 1:22am
We headed down this morning and met Todd, Renee, and there little boy. He has a great family and enjoyed meeting them. The weather (temperature) was perfect. It was definetly windy and felt like we were on Lake Michigan a few times, but we did find some calm water and were able to make some runs on the ski and wakeboard. Storms started rolling in around 3 and got outta there just in time. Overall, it was a great day and was nice meeting Todd and his family. Look forward to meeting more of you in the future. Good start to the season!
levin
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 12:39am
raged on clinton all day. one word to sum up today: epic.

CRAZY FUN! Started raining as soon as we pulled the boat out. EPIC!!!!!!!!

95 Ski Nautique GT40
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 10:07am
We headed up to the river in Morris in the late afternoon, headed down by the lock in Marsailles and there was no traffic, just glass, got few sets in there and headed back towards Morris to the lock east of town and there wasnt a boat in site, absolutely perfect conditions, got a couple more sets in there and called it a day. It was a perfect afternoon.
levin
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by panda panda wrote:

raged on clinton all day. one word to sum up today: epic.

CRAZY FUN! Started raining as soon as we pulled the boat out. EPIC!!!!!!!!

We put in saturday afternoon, got home from work too late friday to head down so it was an odd day for us. Usually we're coming off the water at 9am for breakfast. In any case I was looking for you but it was rough mid afternoon so we anchored and chilled. Did you guys see the fiberglass cookout at the boat launch? Some Baylinerish boat lit up as they were launching it, total loss.

Mark Levin, If you guys ever need a third and forth shoot us an email, Il river at Morris is our second choice when not at Clinton. We usually go upriver from Morris all the way to the next lock and have had some sweet water at times.

The Weitekamps and us are reserving at Clinton June 17-19 for sure so mark it down join us.

panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 7:12pm
Didn't see the bayliner on fire. Had a lot of fun though.

It was weird, I didn't see one cop. Is that unusual?

95 Ski Nautique GT40
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by panda panda wrote:

It was weird, I didn't see one cop. Is that unusual?

Not unusual at all, they do put in once in a while but not much of a presence, we've never been hassled on the water.

Next weekend (6-17/19) there will be a few of us camping in A15-17 so let us know if you'll be around.

panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 10:52pm
I won't be there that weekend. However, I'll be on Clinton the following two weekends. Those weekends will have a pretty good turnout.

95 Ski Nautique GT40
karen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 2:26am
Thanks for the update. I should have read it thoroughly earlier to pellet mill avoid misunderstanding. More interesting post in the future please.http://www.pelletmill.com
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by karen karen wrote:

Thanks for the update. I should have read it thoroughly earlier to pellet mill avoid misunderstanding. More interesting post in the future please.http://www.pelletmill.com

spam

95 Ski Nautique GT40
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 1:15pm
What's the water level like at Clinton right now? I'm about ready to give up on my usual spot because of the high water levels.
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 1:37pm
The water is pretty normal, you should check it out. I'm able to get under all of the bridges with my high pylon. It would be good to see some other nautiques out there.

Clinton can be quite poor for skiing because it gets super rough with the wind.

95 Ski Nautique GT40
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

What's the water level like at Clinton right now? I'm about ready to give up on my usual spot because of the high water levels.

I was going to pull the boat home this weekend and hit the river Scott but as usual around Fathers day looks like a wash out again.

Clinton is a little high, not much beach showing on the shorelines but not a problem.

scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 6:00pm
Alan, we were out there Wednesday night. The water levels were back down to normal, but there was a lot of debris in the water. Looking at the NOAA website, they are already back to flood levels.
NOAA

I was wondering if I would have to fold my tower down to get under the bridges on Clinton Lake.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Alan, we were out there Wednesday night. The water levels were back down to normal, but there was a lot of debris in the water. Looking at the NOAA website, they are already back to flood levels.
NOAA

I was wondering if I would have to fold my tower down to get under the bridges on Clinton Lake.

Yeah I figured with the last 2 days of rain the Allen park would flood.

Clinton is a little high but I don't think you'll have to drop your tower, use the south bridge to be sure as it's got a little more clearance.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 12:28am
We're heading out Sunday morning to either Clinton or the Rio at Morris, depends on what the river and weather is like. Clinton has been crazy rough the last couple times out, but it was windy as heck. Last Sunday at the river was perfect by both locks. We'll see how Sunday morning is and make our decision. Alan, I will definetly be in touch if we need a 3rd or 4th. Hopefully we'll meet up either at Clinton or Morris. Either way, thanks for the offer. Keep in touch if your up in Morris, its only about a 40 minute ride for us. Weather says 75 with winds @ 5-10mph. Should be able to find a little smooth water with no wind at either place. Have fun fellas, wherever you end up this weekend.
levin
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 6:55pm
The launch in Morris will probably be closed on Sunday due to high water, but you can call the local DNR number to find out for sure. 815-942-0796.

If Morris is closed, you should still be able to launch in Senece at the free launch on the North side or at the marina on the South side.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

The Weitekamps and us are reserving at Clinton June 17-19 for sure so mark it down join us.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it to Clinton Lake this coming weekend - our youngest has a soccer tournament.

We camped & boated there this past weekend and ran into Mark Levin & his wife and also met another couple, Mike & Chris who have a '89 Ski Nautique.

The wind didn't let up all weekend, so it was tough to find decent water, but we managed a few runs behind the boat.

Mark, it was nice to meet you guys. Drop me a line if you end up heading south on the Illinois.

Mike if you are monitoring the site, it was nice to meet your family as well. I hope you got that wakeboard figured out!
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2011 at 10:07am
Hey Tim,

It was good to me you and your wife on Sunday also, hopefully Monday morning was a little more calm than Sunday afternoon for you and got a few sets in. I will be in touch when we head down your way. We'll be lookng forward to that. For some reason you ever decide to part ways with that boom and suit you talked about, drop me a line. I'd be interested. I'm sure we'll run into you soon again. Later
levin
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 1:57pm
My family was evacuated from their town because of the Wallow fire in AZ and they came see us in WI. So I have a house full and its probably better if I don't leave them all at my place to head down to Clinton, even though thats where I want to be. So we're out for this weekend. But already thinking about a Sept Mini.

panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 7:59pm

Here is a pic out on clinton 2 weekends ago. We will be out for the next two weekends, my boat is easy to spot with the huge american flag.

95 Ski Nautique GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic