Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KY, TN reunions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KY, TN reunions
    Posted: January-31-2011 at 1:50pm
any cc reunions or gatherings planned in KY or TN for 2011?
say Lake Cumberland, KY Lake or anywhere.
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 2:18pm
Jerry, probably not as there are several throughout the year in the neighboring states where there is a greater concentration of CCFans. we have a few in Ky and a few in Tenn so maybe you could start a gathering on your own. Ya, never know the SJRR started out a few years back with a few fans showing up a couple days early before the Daytona 500 and doing some boating to an ALL out gathering to kick off the season.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 3:25pm
ky, time for you to step out on your own. As Tim stated, this one started small and has continued to grow each year.
While there has been talk of making this a CCFan Reunion, I vote to keep it low key and just the way it is. The same can be said about an event at your home lake.
This is about the owners of these fine boats and not about the boats themselves.With that being said I look forward to reading about a new event for Ky. and the surrounding states....... Boat dr
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 4:04pm
where are current events being held in neighboring states?
Ohio, Indiana, West Va, Georgia, Illinois
If nothing is going on in those states as well as KY and TN
then yes we need another site.
Louisville,KY is 1 - 4 1/2 hrs drive to Cincinnati, Columbus,
Dayton, Indianapolis, St.Louis, Nashville, Knoxville, Lexington
Huntington and 6 hrs from Atlanta, Chicago, Birmingham
I guess that's why the UPS World Hub is here.
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ky82sn ky82sn wrote:

where are current events being held in neighboring states?
Ohio, Indiana, West Va, Georgia, Illinois
If nothing is going on in those states as well as KY and TN
then yes we need another site.

There was a gathering at the Masters (GA) last year.

Many people travel very long distances to attend the reunions that are already in place. There are many people that log over 1000 miles each way for some events. They are not just for "locals".

That being said, the more reunions, the better- so feel free to start one up if you feel you can get people to attend. We've seen some events (like the River Run) take off, and others fall flat on their face... the timing of the event and finding the proper venue can make or break you!

I wouldnt mind heading down to the KY/TN region someday... you seem to have some beautiful lakes down there.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 4:44pm
Seems the best way to do it is like Reid's were a few people say they are getting together and the next thing you know there are 15 boats moored in front of the house and tents all over the place. Good times!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 6:29pm
KY has the highest rated and ranked state parks system in the US and most of them have lakes. I was wondering if we do something do we need to have it on a lake that has access to a long type of riding event like (KY Lake, TN River) or would it be better to have it on a lake that has a ski and wake board course set up but smaller area of water? Taylorsville Lake State Park is approx 10 miles long. KY Lake is 120 miles Long. Both have camp sites.
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 8:58pm
ky, before you bail off into unknown waters, come to one of the events that has a known track record. This will show you the logistics and the amount of effort that is needed to have an event that will continue to grow year after year.
Camping, and boat launch at the same area are must haves, a watering hole close by with cheap food are also needed.Another plus will be an area that will allow beaching and a place to gather and look and talk boats, beer and look at the babes.......
Ryan got a taste of a real event last year at SJRR 2010, this will allow him to better prepare for his 2nd try at hosting a better event for all.........JMHO          Boat dr
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 9:39pm
Jerry, I second to what the Dr. has said, and secondly we've had members travel from as far as Austrailia to attend an event. It all depends on how bad you want to be there.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 10:06pm
I planed 6 weeks ago to attend the SJRR by making reservations in Astor on the river. I'm waiting to see if my work schedule is going to allow it to happen. I hope so.
I'm just gathering opinions from folks who have done this before. Because I think it would be great to have a gathering in the KY, TN area in the future sometime. Yes, I agree it would help to attend another event/reunion. Thanks to all for the info
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2011 at 10:21pm
ky, another idea is to time your gathering to coincide with an estabished event ,ie BOAT SHOW or ACBS function.
SJRR 2011 dates were changed to late March , from the mid Feb. date as in the past.This will allow attendee's to take in The Mount Dora show.This alone is a reason to attend,300 classic boats on display on land and in the water will only add to this CCFan event.Add to this   the warm weather of late March should add to the number of guest's.
And don't forget "The Monkee Run" this alone would be a hard act to follow. Hope to see you in March........Boat dr
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 12:48am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Ryan got a taste of a real event last year at SJRR 2010, this will allow him to better prepare for his 2nd try at hosting a better event for all.........JMHO          Boat dr

We'll be doing it again for the third year.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
caisandy1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caisandy1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2011 at 6:23am
我真的爱死这个站了,太牛了~哈哈
trihartsfield View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trihartsfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ky82sn ky82sn wrote:

I planed 6 weeks ago to attend the SJRR by making reservations in Astor on the river. I'm waiting to see if my work schedule is going to allow it to happen. I hope so.
I'm just gathering opinions from folks who have done this before. Because I think it would be great to have a gathering in the KY, TN area in the future sometime. Yes, I agree it would help to attend another event/reunion. Thanks to all for the info

I have a lake lot in Clifton TN right on the river with good beach area and would be willing to consider hosting a get together if anyone is interested. Most of the reunions do not work for me this year. Let me know if we could get some interest. Although the subdivision I have my lot does not allow camping there is one just around the corner.

Chris
Chris
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 5:40pm
I am 10 hours from you but I would consider it based on dates........ What did you have in mind?   
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trihartsfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 11:24pm
Here is what I am thinking:

Billed as a CC owner get together over a long weekend (Friday, Sat and Sunday-I am up for longer if all interested wanted to).

Not an official organized event, ie: no t-shirts made (unless someone wanted to make and sell), no fee, ect. Simply bring your boat, friends and family, we all pitch in for food and we simply have a good time.

Dates are open for me. I have a flexible schedule and could arrange whenever with the exception of the last of July.

Now understand this is a vacant lot. It will have water, besides the river, and should have power ( I am meeting the local power company on Tuesday to see about putting up temporary power). I would have to rent a porta-john for the get together. There is a boat launch in the subdivision

There is a campground not far from the lot. As I said it is a mildly restrictive subdivision that does not allow camping on your open lot.

I would be fine with just a couple of people who wanted to do this or as many as wanted to come.

Who is interested and throw out some dates?

Chris
Chris
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 1:20am
chris,
what lake or river is this on?
sounds like a great idea.
jerry
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trihartsfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 1:03pm
Jerry,

It is right on the Tennessee River outside of Clifton. Clifton is a small quaint town in the west part of middle TN. It has couple of resturants, a golf course, marina ect. I have attached a picture of the river view from my lot. My lot is 60 feet wide and 200 deep with an easy grassy slope to a sand beach. When the river is at summer pool there will be less beach than shows in this picture. It is deep enough to pull the boat up to the shore. You would want to push the boat out before putting it into gear.

It sounds like with you, Air206 and myself we can set this up and anyone else interested can join in. I am game to begin the planning. I have added some links that would give you guys some more information.

Anyone else interested join in on the conversation. Throw some dates out.

I am ready let's do this!!!

Chris

http://www.cityofclifton.com/

http://www.rosscreeklandinggolfclub.com/

http://www.bearinns.com/index.html

http://www.beechviewrv.com/

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic