Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jacking up a # 3 trailer to remove tire

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jacking up a # 3 trailer to remove tire
    Posted: February-16-2011 at 2:24pm
Where is the recommended spot to place a bottle jack to jack up a #3 trailer with the boat on it? I need to change or refill the tire since the seal gave out in the cold weather.

Thanks

Rich
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 2:29pm
Ive always used the axle.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 2:30pm
I use a floor jack and lift from the U bolts on the axle. I'd say anywhere close to there is alright.
martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 2:36pm
Thanks!

Rich
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 4:47pm
Rich, where about do you guys take your boat in Ottawa? We are about an hour south of you in pontiac. We took a couple rides on the river last fall, itz a pretty nice area up there. Jusr curious.

Mark
levin
martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 8:08pm
Mark

We usually go on the IL River from Alan Park in Ottawa (Rt 23 and Rt 71) downstream to the Starved Rock Locks or we go upstream to the new Heritage Harbor.

We also sometimes launch from Marseilles and go about an hour upstream to Morris. You can hit two bars on the river in Seneca on the way to Morris.

Some launch from Starved Rock and go downstream to Henry, we have yet to try it.

Where did you go?

Rich
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 9:53pm
He Rich,

One day we launched at Morris and headed down to the first lock, which I think was Marsailles if I'm not mistaking. We didnt go through the lock though, turned around and cruised back a little past morris. The next day we headed over to Lacon and put in there, then tried to make to starved rock, went about 1.5hrs and turned around due to daylight. The Lacon route was pretty cool. It was early October when we went. Never did go through any locks, or made a complete day of it. So this year we will definetly being heading either way again when the weather breaks.

Mark
levin
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2011 at 3:44am
Watch out for trailer movement. My front wheel pivoted dropping the trailer of the jack last summer. I will not jack up without the trailer hooked to the tow vehicle anymore.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2011 at 10:33am
I'll second that, hitch it to the truck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic