NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 12:43pm
I'm an idiot. haha thanks for the help Tim! Bout time someone with real knowledge hops on :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 12:44pm
Mike, I think you may have been mistaking the valve covers for the identifying bars cast into the rear of the heads. correct me if I'm wrong, but the GT40's have 3 bars cast into the rear, and the GT40P's have 4? That's where you might be mixed up.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 1:26pm
Ha, my email is obviously not sync'd very well today!
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 1:27pm
I'd rather have the email sync than the boat....

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 1:34pm

These are the bars they are referring to.

ps-not my pic/or cat...I hate cats.
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 2:03pm
-
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Just about fell off the chair reading that lol
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

So does my dog. But she does enjoy the taste every now & then
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by waker319 waker319 wrote:

i just checked the other pics the seller sent, none of them show the front part where the bars are supposed to be... Any other way to check if pro-boss?? is 240-250hp too little for this type of boat? impact on value?

im thinking since this is a one owner boat and the cover on top doesn't say pro boss 5.8, then its not a pro boss... anyone know about a pro boss than came without the sticker on the plastic cover from the factory??

Also the owner mentioned correct craft changed the head gaskets while the boat still under warranty, what parts could have correct craft swapped when doing this job?

The base engine will be fine. If it turns out that it's a Pro Boss even better.

Changing the head gasket/s doesn't really involve "swapping" any parts. Exhaust manifolds come off, valve covers come off, heads are undone & removed, offending gasked is removed & mating surfaces are cleaned up. Then reverse process to finish the job.

It's unlikely that any parts (heads for example) would be swapped out for others if that's what you are getting at. If they were the owner would know about it.
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 10:21pm
=

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 3:06am
Even if it is only 240 hp, it will move out more than well enough. You can always fix that though, and make it have more power and you would find out the ins and outs of swapping heads.

When I went to the edelbrock performer and gt40P heads from my stock 240hp heads, it made a big difference in power, and amazingly sound too.

And yes, the gt40P heads have 4 vertical bars on the end of the heads,and the regular gt40's have only 3 bars.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Asmodeus2112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodeus2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 1:38pm
Hey waker319, I'm new to this site and looking for a used boat as well. I just have to throw my two cents in on that 93. First, the games the guy was playing would make me walk away, but more disturbing is running the engine with out water. It says at least one of two things to me: He doens't know enough about boats to know better, or he doesn't care. In my experience around race cars and motorcycles, running an engine without coolant is the fastest way to warp and crack heads, or crack the block. When it comes to used vehicles, the owner is a huge factor when I consider buying. It's tough to walk away when you have the green light and the money to buy, but the instant gratification can quickly become long term grief. Since you motorcycle, you must have bought a few here and there. Once I went to see a GPz 750, I was sure I was going to buy it. The guy met me in the parking lot of his apartment, and without hardly saying hi or letting me look at the bike, he got on, and started it. He seemed frustrated that he had to use the choke, so he held the throttle open and worked it up to nearly redline where he held it for what seemed like an eternity. Finally he let it drop down to idle, but kept blipping the throttle so much i couldn't tell if it would idle. He proceeded to push back a few feet, then dropped it in first, ran it to redline and dropped the clutch and did a huge burnout. I shook my head and walked away without saying a word. He shut is down, and as he realized I was leaving started swearing at me. There are so many immature people out there that can run equipment into the ground very pre-maturely, and in my opinion it's not worth the risk if you get that spidey sense that something is off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodeus2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 2:39pm
Anybody know where/if there is a used boat buying checklist? I've seen it mentioned but can't find it. I'll keep looking though...
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 4:12am
-
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 6:13am
That's a nice looking boat. I love the tower.

congrats!
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Nautique Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 11:46am
Looks nice! Congratulations!
1997 Nautique Super Sport

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (Sold)
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 1:17pm
Looks like you did pretty good. Was it a standard 351?
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 2:51pm
-
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 3:28pm
I wouldn't have thought twice about it either. If it doesn't have one on it already, upgrade the prop to a new cnc one and you probably won't ever miss the extra hp. I'd check the alignment on it, too. Fill in your profile and you'll get better answers on the technical questions that will invariably pop up once you start running it. Congrats, it's a sweet boat.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 3:53pm
Waker319, very nice looking boat and trailer. You are going to have a great time with that boat. Congratulations
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 4:58pm
Congrats Waker! That's a sharp rig, well done. Now get us some pics of it on the water!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 5:35pm
Waker, nice boat. Look forward to seeing some daytime pics. Don't forget to enter it into the diaries!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodeus2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:31pm
Beautiful! Nice job, really good thing you passed up those other two!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:37pm
You're going to love that thing.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 2:07pm
Looks great!!! Welcome to the site
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic