NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

52nd Masters Get Together

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 52nd Masters Get Together
    Posted: March-30-2011 at 11:47am
As usual, our family is making the Trek down to Callaway Gardens for the 52nd Masters on Memorial day Weekend this year........ Who else will be going down? Last year we brought boats; Correct Craft has different plans this year but it looks like next year we will likely be bring boats again.....

I'll start the sign up:

Air206
Steve, Val, Em & Steph Karras
Days Inn
Cell: 540.three one two.1220

Jodi, Tim and Greg... you guys comin' - right?
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 12:54pm
I am looking into the family scheduling on my end as I would really like to be there this year and introduce my kids to competitive water skiing.   Will check back in once I firm things up.

Mr. Morfoot - the ball is handed over to you ...
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 1:04pm
Hope to see you (and the family) there....

Tim will be working the camera, I'm sure!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Tim will be working the camera, I'm sure!

Never leave home without it.

I'll be there Saturday for sure.Depends on the $$ situation as to whether I stay on Sunday or not. Jody asked me this past weekend if I was going so I know he'll be there but he'll be working.

Steve if you, Val, and girls want to try to make a ski day while you are down here give me a call.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 2:22pm
Yea ! Team Seal will be their as Michele is the chief scorrer and I am on hand to help team Nautique produce one of the finest waterski tornaments in the world today.
This will be A Masters that no-one wants to miss. Lots of top competitors in three event and Board Sports. The Jump event will especially be good as their are some really hungry competitive jumpers wanting a win. Nautique Team Skier Zack Worden is one of the young guns to watch. Mens slalom and womens slalom will also be very hotly contested.
Get your tickets soon this is going to be a great event!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 2:32pm
Amen, Brother. We have made it a family event for the past 16 years. My kids look forward to going each year..... Awesome Towed Watersports, great family environment and a Friday Seafood Buffet which is INCREDIBLE at the Inn!.... Worth the 600 mile trip in itself........!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 4:29pm
I have been thinking about it, but can't commit. Work screwed me for the SJRR this year. I thought Waterski Magazine was offering discount tickets at one point.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 5:39pm
Tickets are available at:

Masterswaterski.com

The Tix have been avail for a while..... The "Early-Bird Pricing" on Pavillion Passes runs until March 31st.... (tomorrow!)
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 8:07pm
Bump......

Anyone else?   Gonna be a blast!!!   
Dieseldawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieseldawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 12:17am
My wife and I have been attending every year since 2000. We will be there on Saturday for sure. Can't wait to see some familiar CCFan faces as well as meeting some new ones! See you there!

Tim,
Any sort of CCFan boat show happening this year?

Jody,
What event will you be pulling? Sure would be neat to put a name with a face/driver!
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 6:27pm
In case you hvaen't noticed, jackie deen's 75 Nautique lives 30 min from Callaway Gardwens. Hope to have the shaft and prop in by then. Any assistance I can give to a fellow CCFan, just give a shout out. I think I attended the Masters from 1960-1965. Howeve, I saw the wooded 1969 Ski Nautique there I think in 2008.
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 6:27pm
Correction: The wooden 1969 Ski Nautique.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2011 at 6:34pm
So...Jackie, gonna be there this year?

Salty, How about you? Buffalo, You too?

Come on for a good time!

Steve
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 8:54am
Just bumping this one up as The Masters is fast approaching and I recieved an e-mail from Tournament Director Jennifer Able asking if any CCfans were planning on going that were not directly involved with the Tournament.(ie Team Seal).

I will be there Saturday for sure, Team Karras is going as well as Mr. & Mrs. Dieseldawg. Skicat and Kytom(1&2), Salty, are guys coming? Those CCFans that are going on Saturday do we want to try and make plans to meet up for dinner somewhere Sat. night?

Looking forward to going.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 11:07am
Sat dinner sounds great! Count Team Karras in.........

Friday night is set aside for the Seafood Buffet at the Inn..........anyone is welcome to join us..... Amazing!!
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 8:38am
My wife and I are planning on being there Saturday along with our twin grandsons.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 1:03pm
Great!

Let's try to meet Saturday..... say in the Nautiques Booth next to the new Ski Nautique 200 (I'm sure they'll have one on display) at Noon.

I'm sure we all will be wearing a CCFan hat or T-shirt.

See you all there soon!   
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 5:45pm
Man I'm slack, I have NOTHING w/ CCF on it!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 6:13pm
Say Whattttttttttttttttttt?
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 6:25pm
Iknow, I know, just a slacker!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by cphase cphase wrote:

Man I'm slack, I have NOTHING w/ CCF on it!

Heres what ya do! white T-shirt, large marker and draw up your own custom CCF shirt!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 10:32pm
I thought about that but the QUEEN would not let me leave the house with it on!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2011 at 1:41am
Morfoot via Jbears log in......... I'll see what I can do I might have an extra CCFan hat for you to solve this problem.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2011 at 12:48pm
Jeff- My Boss at CarQuest is selling his 88 SN. He's got Reid looking for a Super Air or Newer Sport for him.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2011 at 1:41pm
Marty:

Is he bringing to the Masters? Are you coming? Is this just a response to Jeff's signature?

It would be great to see you down there again!

Come on down, fellas!!!!
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2011 at 1:51pm
Tim- Thanks! I appreciate it! Look forward to meeting you next weekend.

Marty- Beautiful boat! May be a little out of my limited budget though.I would like to talk to you about it. If memory serves I met you last year at the Masters, will you be here this year?

Marty you can contact me @ 678-850-5946
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 4:25pm
Just a quick update..... I have already run into a few fans and Celebs alike. Chatted with Mr. Ralph, autographs of Whitney McClintok, Kristi Overton Johnson, Jen Able walked right in front of the E-nautique as I was snapping a pic so got a chance to talk to her but not long as she is on the go go go. Lester Todd drove the slalom event but no sign of Jody yet.
Been a perfect day as the clouds aren't anywhere in sight and the beach is packed.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 7:03pm
Here's a pic of Mr. Ralph and Steve Karras Friday at the Masters.
Wish I could've been there guys. Putting up the pool on Saturday am--then Brianna's Dance Recital is Saturday pm-- She said I couldn't miss 2 years in a row ! She's doing a Duo with the dance instructor this year.
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 1:06am
Picture   Courtesy of TIM MORFOOT

66 Skylark
93 SN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2011 at 1:40pm
WoW! What a great master's tournament. The weather was hot, the water was cool and the conditions were almost ideal. Extra skiing on Sat as they had to have a Mens slalom runoff twice!
I ran into CCFan's from all over attending and even working the event. Attending the church service at Mountain Creek Inn on Sunday and was blown away from the testamonies by Kevin Durham and Kristi Overton Johnson and that both had considered suicide as a way out. Kristi was so focused on her winning and not failing that getting not around that ball had consumed her life so much she told the crowd that she was ready to wrap the ski rope around her neck at a tournament and tell the driver to hit it. She thanked Mr. Ralph for being the man of God he is and how he encouraged her to do the same. This stunned and moved the crowd so much that there weren't too many dry eye's in the place including my own. WOW!

I was busy talking to the many CCFan's, Bill Yeargin, athletes, hanging out in the water, and soaking it all in that I did not take too many pics but after posting on the site 3 years running they kinda start looking the same. But here are a few that I did get.

Foot and Jennifer Abel (Tournament Director) by the E-Nautique. Man that thing was quiet!

Jane Cole with Kristi.

Chris "The Tower of Power" Parrish

Joy Seal with Shaun Murray and Freddy " The Nightmare" Kruger.

The 62' was there but not running so Art got to drive the E-Nautique

Jaret Llewllyn on his toe pass. The dude is 40 yrs old and still looks good on the water.

Will Asher 2010 Champion(hence the yellow bib) rounding ball #3 @ 38 off and blew out shortly after that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic