Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taking on water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cmuggleston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmuggleston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking on water
    Posted: July-25-2011 at 1:21am

Question: 1999 Sport Nautique. When boat is running I seem to be taking on water. When I lift up the direct drive hatch (directly behind the motor and in front of back seat) I can see water trickeling in. Not through the shaft itself. I jumped in the water and lifted the exhausted cover (while boat was off) and my wife could see the water coming into the boat through the direct drive hatch..

So, it seems while the boat is running and pushing the exhaust out through the exhaust exit....water comes in.. when the boat is off, the flap is shut....no water.. only happens while boat is running..

Any HELP would be awesome!
Muggs
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 8:36pm
Sounds like you already have it figured out. My guess is the water is warm. cooling water is leak out from the exhaust. A litle more looking or dissasaembly should locate the leak.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:17pm
Chris,
I know this reply is very old but so is yours - nothing!! I really have something against members asking a question and then not having the common courtesy to report back on what was found out about the problem. I certainly hope you found the leak and, the rubber flappers on the exhaust tips are NOT meant to seal water out of the exhaust system. They are there to prevent a large amount of water back flowing when you hit reverse real hard. More info on your behalf is defiantly needed and please, do not forget about the fantastic site search feature. It will bring up all the info needed.

So, please tell us what you found????

PM message sent!!

Please don't tell us you found the answer on the PN site!!!

BTW, posting your question in the "new" section was not a great idea. That section on CCfan really is not for engine/maintenance problems. It's I'm sure the reason you didn't get many responses. Sorry!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic