NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm in trouble!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm in trouble!!
    Posted: August-18-2011 at 8:43pm
Well not really in trouble but, I did forget that today is my wedding anniversary. My wife and I have long ago given up doing big time gift exchanges. But, the bottom line is I completely forgot so when I called her this morning (she's up north again for the summer and I'm down here working) she said "happy anniversary" - I forgot!!! The one saving "grace" I did have is all she did was sending me one of those online greetings. Of course it came into work as spam and I deleted it before opening it up!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 9:27pm
Flowers and chocolate may save your day Pete.. Happy Anniversary
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 9:30pm
Happy anniversary Pete, at least you built yourself real nice dog house .
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 9:31pm
Forget the flowers and chocolate, I bet she would love a new project boat!!! If your gonna be in trouble why not go all the way.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 9:35pm
For 10 years ,Karen thought our Anniversary was Dec 17. I always wondered why she gave or said something on that day. I would wait until the 18th. Then one year she wanted to know why I would forget a date like that. I got the Marriage License out and showed her that in fact it was the 18th! It will be 30 years this Dec 18th !

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 9:40pm
Pre-marriage the biggest trouble I was in was an evening out my wife to be (but not official at that time) was getting inpatient for a ring, she slammed me for about two hours saying it has been four years...four years... when is it going to happen. I had to let her cool down till the next day before I dared to tell her it had only been three.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Forget the flowers and chocolate, I bet she would love a new project boat!!! If your gonna be in trouble why not go all the way.

Dave,
You are absolutely correct!! She was the one who literary pushed me into building the shop up north in consideration of my first project of restoring that old launch I have. She has been a fantastic supporter of all my projects!! I try to support her as well but right now she is trying to put together all the details of my daughter's wedding next summer. What a big time mess!!! I'm so glad I'm not directly involved.

BTW, i think at this point, my wife want's to "disown" my daughter!!    

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 11:46pm
nice bow tie Marty
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 12:27am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Dave,
You are absolutely correct!! She was the one who literary pushed me into building the shop up north in consideration of my first project of restoring that old launch I have. She has been a fantastic supporter of all my projects!! I try to support her as well but right now she is trying to put together all the details of my daughter's wedding next summer. What a big time mess!!! I'm so glad I'm not directly involved.

BTW, i think at this point, my wife want's to "disown" my daughter!!    

Its good to be the Dad, all that is expected is that you walk down the isle......and sign the checks. Maybe its not that good.
1987 Ski Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 1:20am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

nice bow tie Marty

love the 70's hair too!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 1:30am
Pete,
Happy Anniversary! How many?

(Pam and I just had #36 in May...cant believe she could out up with me for so long!! )
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 10:22am
nothing that some horizontal action cant cure
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

(she's up north again for the summer and I'm down here working) she said "happy anniversary" - !!

Pete, that alone might make it a Happy Anniversary.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 11:32am
Steve,
It's been 28 years for us. 36 for you and Pam!! You sure “robbed the cradle”!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 11:44am
My fiance and I are tying the knot 3 weeks from this Saturday (Sept 3)

Anything I should know?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 11:58am
Repeat after me.....

"Yes Dear!"

BTW - she will most likely be right most of the time, so understand that early, go with the flow and have a GREAT life. My wife is truly a gift from God!........ Congrats!   
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Repeat after me.....

"Yes Dear!"

BTW - she will most likely be right most of the time, so understand that early, go with the flow and have a GREAT life. My wife is truly a gift from God!........ Congrats!   

that is so TRUE...and its always your fault, never hers!!!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Repeat after me.....

"Yes Dear!"

that is so TRUE...and its always your fault, never hers!!!

And, they remember something you did bad 25 years ago!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 5:26pm
I've been married 26 years. Would have been 28 but I took two years off between wifes.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 6:34pm
4 in 32   for me.... i probably didnt say yes dear.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic