NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going to Lambeau!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to Lambeau!
    Posted: August-19-2011 at 11:04pm
Some of you guys already know that my Gramps played for the Packers under Vince Lombardi on 2 world Championship teams, 1961 and 1962. I have never been to a Packers game before and am going to The Packers, Broncos game at Lambeau! Going to do the Packers fan tours package which includes a Saturday tour of the stadium and Packers Hall of Fame museum, players cocktail party and autograph session and 3 hour booze included tailgate at Brett Favre's steakhouse before the game. I really liked Tebow in college since Grampa is a Gator Hall of Famer, so I hope Tim works it out in Denver.

Me and Gramps
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
sneal46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneal46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 12:47am
My brother in law played 4 years in GB and I have been there several times including inside the locker room and player/family area after the game. You will absolutely love it there. Been a Lions fan all my life but there is nothing that beats Lambeau.
78 Ski Nautique - Ford PCM 351
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 1:11pm
Keegan,
I'm sure glad you are doing this trip early in the season. With Lambeau being an open stadium and you being from the south (no offence), you are not "conditioned" to the cold!! Lambeau has extra wide seats to handle the people coming in wearing snowmobile suits and boots!!. Also, the Wisconsin folks raised on butter fat!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 3:25pm
Funny you say that Pete. We were trying to decide whether to go the first weekend in October or the last weekend and my vote was the beginning for that very reason! I have some snow skiing clothes but even that stuff is light compared to what is required for the temps you see up there. Down here you never know when you are going to have to winterize. Last year I did it Halloween weekend and the year before I did it Thanksgiving weekend.

Scott that is pretty cool! I cannot wait to get up there and see in person what I have been hearing about my whole life.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

Funny you say that Pete. We were trying to decide whether to go the first weekend in October or the last weekend and my vote was the beginning for that very reason! I have some snow skiing clothes but even that stuff is light compared to what is required for the temps you see up there. Down here you never know when you are going to have to winterize. Last year I did it Halloween weekend and the year before I did it Thanksgiving weekend.

Scott that is pretty cool! I cannot wait to get up there and see in person what I have been hearing about my whole life.

Keegan,
Don't count on that ski clothing to give you much protection. Yes, it is on the light side since when skiing it's different than just sitting down!! Do go early to avoid the real cold temps!

BTW, That comment I made about the extra wide seats was NOT directed to you. Even though after seeing you in some of the pictures you've posted and knowing you are a person of a large "stature", the comment was really directed to all the "butter fat" people in Wisconsin!! Of course there are other states that have the problem as well! It always amazes me having to go into a Wisconsin Walmart or Fleet Farm!!!

The thread is pretty old so you may have missed it but it concerned a report on a rural Dollar store. The women quoted loved going to the Dollar store since she didn't have to "dress up" like she would have had to to go to Walmart!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 6:34pm
Too much politickin on here hurts my head, so how bout that season opener! The Packers were looking strong. I feel bad for the Panthers next week!

Got all my tickets and flight reservations. Flying into Green Bay Friday afternoon around 3pm with no plans that night as of yet. Saturday I do the backstage tour of the stadium and Hall of Fame museum in the morning. Then in the evening cocktails with some of the players at an autograph session. Sunday morning I am going to go by my Mom's old house that my Gramps built, then at noon we go to Brett Favre steakhouse for the 3 hour tailgate party, and then the game at 3:30.

It's going to be awesome!

1973 Skier
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 7:32pm
Awesome place!!! My wife ran the Green Bay marathon this spring, and I was also there to see the 2007 NFC Championship game against the Giants when it was -12 degrees. COLD!!! That was, what's his name's last game as a Packer! We'll never forget you Brent!

ps, GO PACK GO! Have fun!!!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 8:51pm
Sweet! Gramps said it was so cold up there that his nuts retreated in the fall and hid till the spring thaw. Coming from Texas and Florida you can see how freezing temps, much less negative, would be a shock.    

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 3:33am
Headed out in the morning for the big weekend. Cannot wait to see the Dynasty that my Gramps and generations of talent before and since have built in the smallest town to host an NFL team.

Here is a family jewel. 27 is my Grandfather John Symank.

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 8:54am
Keegan,
By the time you see this post, you'll probably be back from what sounds like a fantastic weekend. I'm sure you had a great time!! The memories are always something you need to keep.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 10:05am
man, thats a picture, i would bet he was saying "what do you think coach?"
"the things you own will start to own you"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 3:48pm
He's probably saying-- 'You ever heard of CCFan.com'
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 7:21pm
The stars truly aligned for this trip. We had no idea that this was Packers Alumni weekend, and they were paying special tribute to the 50th anniversary of the 1961 World Championship team. Saturday morning I go down to breakfast by myseld and who is sitting right in front of me? Paul Hornung and Willie Davis. Two NFL Hall of Famers who played with my Gramps. I had a great conversation with them as they really lit up when I told them who my grandfather was. Other notable players I got to meet and spend time with were Boyd Dowler, Bob Skoronski, and Jerry Kramer.

Here are some pics from my trip. Took my Mom's camera to the game so I will have to get those pics from her. Most of these are taken on Saturday when I toured the stadium. My facebook friends can see more that my mom tagged me in.

Lambeau in 1961

Lambeau in 2011 taken from same end of the field.

Autograph reception from left to right- Jordy Nelson (#87) Jermichael Finley (#88) Derrek Sherrod (#78)

1973 Skier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 7:48pm
Very Cool Keegan! Love the "Now and Then" pictures!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 11:58pm
Jerry Kramer was excited to see my Mom and spent a long time talking to us. The Kramers and Symanks lived on the same block and the families were very close. He said "Johnny Symank was an assassin on the field and a sweetheart off the field".

This is a replica of Lomabardi's office in the Packers Hall of Fame Museum. The game was just getting ready to start and the place was empty. Probably could have been kicked for this stunt!

Mom and I watching the Packers spank the horseys!

Nora proudly sporting her new Packers shirt.

1973 Skier
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 1:30am
That is really something Keegan. Glad you had good weather,it has been rather lousey here lately.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 1:34am
"You know Vince after we go all the way this year I'm going to Cypress Gardens and getting the family a Correct Craft"                                                                                                                                     

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

"You know Vince after we go all the way this year I'm going to Cypress Gardens and getting the family a Correct Craft"                                                                                                                                     

I like that! He did love his boats and he had a few throughout the years. In fact I used a lot of his tools restoring the Skier. I know he is up there looking down on me admiring that shiny red beauty every time I am out on the lake enjoying my family and friends.

1973 Skier
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 2:59am
Keegan that's awesome, a lot of really cool pictures. Glad you had a good trip!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic