NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89 supra Mariah, what prop

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89 supra Mariah, what prop
    Posted: August-22-2011 at 12:16am
Hey guys,

My neighbor had a 89 supra Mariah with a 351w with a 1.23 trans.

What prop would you guys suggest?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 3:32pm
Bump
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 3:42pm
Come on Eric, you know the drill. We'll need more info that that to make any sort of recommendation. What does he use the boat for? What kind of performance does he see with it now? Be sure to tell us which engine and prop he has. Anything special about the environment he's running in (altitude, etc)?

You may also want to fill us in on what kind of boat we're talking about here... probably not too many Mariah owners around. IIRC, its a bigger boat- but specifics like the length, weight, etc would be helpful.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 3:49pm
Sorry for being vague Tim lol.

Stock motor 351w, stock prop (with a chip out of it).

Performance wise if he owned a 2001 hull I'd suggest an acme 540 prop as he is looking for just an overall good aftermarket prop. Doesn't wakeboard, casually slalom skis.

Basically if he's gonna refurbish his prop to fix the chip he's willing to pay a few extra bucks to get a better overall experience in the boat.

It's 21 foot probably weighs at least 3000lbs if not a few more pounds.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 3:58pm
That helps... but still not enough info. Id like to know what the stock prop was on that boat, and what kind of top end performance he's getting from it.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 10:25pm
what prop diameter does that hull admit?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 11:22pm
Gee, I may think about the new Acmw 5611. With a 15" diameter and only a 12" pitch, it's got plenty of "bite" in the water!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic