NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atlanta Area fans on Lanier 9-10.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlanta Area fans on Lanier 9-10.
    Posted: September-08-2011 at 10:23am
Hey guy's I'm headed up to the south end of the Lanier this weekend to hang out with Salty and the boys. I will be on the water starting today and put out a couple of calls to Nautiquehunter and jimsport93 so looks like we might try to hook up some time on Sat. Any of you that wanna try and join please do. Nothing Fancy just some CCFans on the water. Buffalo, if it get's too rough you might get a call and we'll head to your neck of the woods to play in your backyard. Give me shout if you need the scoop. 770-316-six 9 six 3.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 11:26am
Thanks for the call Tim. We are looking forward to hooking up with you and Dave, Mike and Gail...and anyone else we can round up!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 1:51pm
I might ride down this afternoon or tomorrow. Yall should have decent water as last w/e was the unofficial end of boating season here on Lanier and the weather looks nice for a week or so.

I finally met the owner of Skoagies at G'ville marina. If we went there as a group, he'd probably knock a small percentage off our tabs.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 1:57pm
Greg, I also know the owner of Skogie's, Rick Skogland. He used to be a carpet customer of mine until he hit the big time serving food at G'ville Marina
Hopefully, we can all hook up this weekend. Probably goin to be Saturday for me. Don't think I can make it on Friday.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 4:07pm
Jim, we met Tony and Heather. Maybe Rick sold it? Tony was busy installing flat screens for the sports crowd when we were there a few nights ago.

I got some info on the Dragonboat races. That's at Clarks Bridge Park(rowing venue-top of the boatable Hooch), and it starts early Sat morning. It won't be in our way on either end of the lake, it but might be interesting to see? I don't think the theme is go-fast though. The theme is more tuned to Chinese heritage. Funny thing is this is the 16th annual, and I've never heard of it.
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 7:02pm
I will be out of town, but thanks for the call!

Even last Sunday the lake was empty. We had out the BFN, Crownline and waverunner and had a cove up by Gainesville all to ourselves. Bad part is I still can't do any watersports so I was confined to the drivers seat!   
Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 3:21am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Even last Sunday the lake was empty. We had out the BFN, Crownline and waverunner and had a cove up by Gainesville all to ourselves. Bad part is I still can't do any watersports so I was confined to the drivers seat!   

Call?

Did a call go out on this?

No watersports huh skicat....hmmmmm...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 9:24am
John, I saw this thread yesterday and called Tim. He's the instigator.
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 11:29am
Geez you guys! It's really Salty's fault as he suggested that I come up to his place on Notelly and I suggested we just play around on Lanier as he wouldn't get up there til Sat afternoon anyway. Sorry Cat, I'll do better next time but figured I'd just throw something up on the site and ALL the Lanier guys would know about it and just show up if they could.

Managed to get out on the water yesterday but the sun never really came out on sunset cove and the wind was blowing pretty steady. In fact I managed to ding up a blade on the 540 I put on in the spring so I gotta try to straighten it out this morning.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 11:59am
Are you guys going back to Sunset cove tomorrow? - if we get on the water I was wandering where to find the CC armada - I know Mike and Gail like a nice cove by the Lanier islands bridge to ski/surf/board in
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Call?

Did a call go out on this?

No watersports huh skicat....hmmmmm...

john

John, I was just giving Tim a hard time. I didn't get a call either.

Yes no watersports- as in sking, etc. Still dealing with problems from my auto accident back in June. We have the headaches under control, but skiing isn't on my therapy list for a torn rotator cuff!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 5:07pm
Glad to hear of some progress Greg; even if it's slow.

So Tim, where yall be? Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be nicer than today, and it's super nice out now.
1988 BFN-sold

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 5:07pm
What time and where tomorrow? If I dont hear from anyone we will be at the end of Young Deer by 9am.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 5:13pm
Mark, what was the issue with your boat?

Mike, unless I hear from Chicken Little, be on the lookout for an old, noisy blue and gray.

Yall have a place to stash a couple cans cans of gas? My credit card starts running rough when it nears a marina.
1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 11:00pm
We will be there tomorrow. Probably put in at about 9....ish.
Charleston Park in Six Mile Creek.
Looking forward to a fun day on Lanier with great CCFans.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 3:02am
wow Tim...throw Salty right under the bus...

very cool to talk today Greg...been way to long.

sorry to hear that the mending is going slow cat...but I was thinking of some other type of water sports.

how do you like the 540 on your boat Tim? I sure do miss mine.

hope you guys have great weather and lots of C/CFan fun!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 11:15am
Just trying to do what the 1st idiot suggested and spread the wealth John.

I love the 540 and how the boat shoots out of the hole and pulls anything with it twice as better than it did before. I guess I got the prop straightened back to original cause I felt no vibration whatsoever at any speed yesterday when Salty and his crew of 3 boy's and I went out for a run yesterday. Even managed to get in a slalom run.

Well be out there sometime around 10 or so as Dave's guys have a FB game this morning at 8 so we'll head for the water shortly after they get home. See you guy's soon.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 2:41am
sorry about the game today Tim...South Carolina?!

hope you guys had a great day on the water. Me and Eddie sure had a great morning. I footed and them some guys in a john boat pulling tubers came out. Pulled the boat and were on another lake in less than 10 minutes. Central Florida!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 3:43pm
We had a great day on the water yesterday at Lanier.
BuffaloBFN, Morfoot, NautiqueHunter, MAN-GA, Salty and Jimsport93.
The lake was beautiful, the weather great and CCFan fellowship was fantastic.
Had to fight to keep the captains chair. Salty's triplet 8 year old buys were very eager to drive the boat...and very persistant about asking to drive
All three of the boys, Mathew, Patrick and Joseph all had a turn sitting at the helm and driving the Sport. Consider it an honor boys...Captain Jim does not relinquish the helm to very many (ask my wife)! It was a pleasure to teach them how to handle a powerful ski machine. They did a great job.
Mike and Gail, again "Thank You" for your generosity with your boat and your patience with letting everyone learn how to wakesurf.
Spending the day at the lake having fun, teaching the young ones to drive, ski and surf is what it is all about.
Looking forward to doing it again soon!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 9:11pm
"Thank you" also to Tim Morfoot for getting it all started this weekend!
We need to follow up on the photo opp we talked about Friday
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2011 at 9:52pm
Just wanted to say thanks to all the Lanier CCFans who made it out this weekend for a spur of the moment.."Hey lets get together for a raft up and hang out." We had a great time and even though it was a little windy and the water wasn't ideal for slaloming we had a great time. Kudo's to the Buffalo for driving the length of the lake to be able to attend. Bumping ride for sure and I know he tested the structural integrity of the stringer job he did from the size of some of Yachts out for cruise.

It was a great time and we ended up over at Sunset Cove over in Lake Lanier Islands to end the day. The 'Salter Trips' had a ball as each got to drive a different boat at the same time so in the very near future Dave will lose all his driving duties on the Southwind.

Only took a few pics but wanted to put up a few of the gathering. Thanks Mike for the wakesurf session and all the Fans that came just to hang out. Pretty evident we all had a good time.

Jim we'll do that photo op @ the Tilted Kilt next time by whatever means necessary even if it kills me.

Headed out to find some smoother water

Mark and Dave's crew playing on a 'Iceburg' they found on the shore.

The CCFans over on Sunset Cove hanging out with about 100 boats from Yacht's to Bayliners

This guy was the entertainment for the evening cruising the cove with the lid up and music blaring.

Beautiful way to end the day with this in the rearview mirror.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:13am
Now I'm really hurt...you'll beach it but won't park at my dock.    

I had a great time guys and gals. It was good to see everyone and to meet Dave. I only got my camera out once, but I did get a couple of 'old school meets new'.

Yall remember George of the Jungle? Watch out for that reeeef!   

The picture distorts things. He wasn't so close, but that's what I thought when I saw the pic.
1988 BFN-sold

MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 11:11am
Jennifer is really going to hate this picture!!! When you have a 16' boat and you let your 10yr old daughter surf the only way to make it happen is to let the 8yr old drive and mom/dad sit on the same side of the boat. Thanks for posting the pictures Greg I don't think I have any this year of all 5 of us in the boat together. I am downloading video now of the surfing action will get the youtube links up shortly
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 11:30am
Originally posted by MAN - GA MAN - GA wrote:

Jennifer is really going to hate this picture!!!

I think they're good pics, but I'll pull them if she'd like me to.

I was way into digital zoom to get those. I might've been a little quicker.
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 11:40am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Shhhhhhhhh......You weren't supposed to notice that

I like to think of it as sanding the gelcoat with 80 grit.
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:01pm

Mark, what was the issue with your boat?

Mike, unless I hear from Chicken Little, be on the lookout for an old, noisy blue and gray.

Yall have a place to stash a couple cans cans of gas? My credit card starts running rough when it nears a marina.

The alternator went bad and was throwing too much voltage - I was checking everything at idle speed and two point sets later I started checking voltage when pulling some RPMs and realized that it was going to 16+ volts.

No don't pull the photo I love it - I was just kidding - I already sent it to her on email to rub it in a little

MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 3:03pm
Here is some of the surfing videos from Saturday - I don't know how we missed getting a video of Gail on the surfboard.

Lindsey Surfing

NautiqueHunter Surfing

Morfoot Surfing

Awesome day with the Atlanta CCF gang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Shhhhhhhhh......You weren't supposed to notice that

I like to think of it as sanding the gelcoat with 80 grit.

And your avatar is my proof! Oh, the pain...

I see we did get a pic of my boat in. At 1:00 into Mike's surfing run, that's me coming back from my no beer run.   
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 4:15pm
I hate that I missed the beach fun, but I didn't miss 'cool breeze' there with the speakers.   

That guy looks to be working it hard!
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 4:18pm
Funny thing about that guy was that with all those speakers it wasn't that loud. Joe, Moj, or Quinner would have blown that guy out of the water. We were just glad he wasn't driving a Correct Craft.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic